Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorials in Lancs?

smsmith26

I am looking for memorials in Colne, Lancs. As well as Preston, Lancs. If anyone is near by either or may have a picture I would be interested. Thanks.

Stephen

Yes I'm looking for more info on Sjt Mjr Edward Patrick Hennessy KRRC 7th Bat. His mom, who is my g-grandma is listed as living in Preston when he was killed. I was hoping he was on a monument there. Or even and obit, maybe even a picture. I know this is alot to hope for but I have to aim high. Right?

Steve

Try contacting Brent Whitham at WW1 Cemeteries.com he lives in Burnley.

I am looking for memorials in Colne, Lancs. As well as Preston, Lancs. If anyone is near by either or may have a picture I would be interested. Thanks.

Stephen

Stephen

He isn't listed on the Harris Roll, which is the Preston Roll of Honour. The names of men from Preston who died in the Great War are listed on a memorial in the entrance to the Harris Museum in Preston. It was compiled by imformation given by family's after the war. I have found that it only lists about 2/3rds of all the Preston casualties.

Good hunting

Paul

Try contacting Brent Whitham at WW1 Cemeteries.com he lives in Burnley.

As do I.

I'm actually photographing as many memorials in East Lancs as possible for my own website (several hundred images so far - nowhere near complete!!!) but haven't yet done Colne (got about 25 different memorials for Burnley if they're any good?) - but that's no real problem. Anything/one in particular?

Dave

• 1 year later...

Hi Dave

I hope to be in Colne on Thursday and would like see if my Gt Uncle is on a war memorial in the town.

Could you give me any idea where it might be?

It will a least fill some time in while her indoors makes a pilgrimage to Boundary Mill :D

Hi Dave

I hope to be in Colne on Thursday and would like see if my Gt Uncle is on a war memorial in the town.

Could you give me any idea where it might be?

It will a least fill some time in while her indoors makes a pilgrimage to Boundary Mill :D

Ignore this post Dave, I found it on War Memorials on line.

Cheers

Richard