Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

somme tour 2007

Guest tafski

Excellent. The trenches. The Ossuaries, and the Memorial Chapel. Excellent. I'm really glad you had a good time, and it sounds like a great deal of fun was had in the race down there. Wacky Races or Gumball Rally?

Regards to All,

Dave

PS: I especially like the photos on posts 41 and 46, Bruce. Tommy Trinder in 'The Bells Go Down' would have been proud of you. Great film, and a great tribute to some great lads. :D

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/460230/index.html

Best Wishes,

Dave

Tafski,

looking at your photos I ask myself how on earth I did not manage to spot you last week?

Thanks for sharing your adventures, just sorting my photos out so standby to be bored :D

Kim,

your suggestion makes my eyes water!

Regards,

Scottie.

Electric Fence? In a kilt?? :blink:

I know said I wasn't going to post one from Notre Dame de Lorette, but I think this helps give an idea of the number of graves in this cemetery. It's impossible to grasp the sheer size of this place from one photograph - a very moving place to visit.

post-9547-1175685863.jpg

Looking at these photos...boy am I jealous!

Bruce

George Coles original minder & friend in an uncannily devoid of alcohol bar scene

5-1.jpg

Bruce the Tafski has more than a passing resemblance to a chubby version of Jim McDonald from Coronation St......"so he does". Hope you lads had a good time.

Soooooppppeeeerrr!

Bernard

Tafski's been to the Somme?

He kept that quiet. ;)

hmmmmm

If the Devil could have cast his net!!!!!.

Ian. :D

yep ian ye right there just to prove me and bigfella jeff wernt the only ones to lubricate heres our translator and good friend dave excuse for lubrication getting his vocal chords ready to speak da lingo as if :lol:

446338440_acf64abbd3.jpg

hmmmmm

ermmm for us not in the know could we have names to faces please. I can pick out Taf, Barrie and I think Kevin but would like to know if I am correct :lol:

Ali

Tafski,

You sure looked to have had a good time out there, Loved the early morning pictures that were posted.

Looking forward to some more pictures...keep them coming.

When is your next assault on Europe planned for?. :blink:

to me one of the most stirring monuments shame i couldnt get the pic of mother canada in front of the monument if any one has such a pic would love to have a copy

446338436_4b1bbcf44d.jpg

post74381175640753vl1.jpg

"Malte in Thiepval hospital now ...

followed our way on dogsled and was bitten two times after dog had been substituted with turtle ...

he running too fast" :lol:

Tafski,

You sure looked to have had a good time out there, Loved the early morning pictures that were posted.

Looking forward to some more pictures...keep them coming.

When is your next assault on Europe planned for?. :blink:

when her indoors says and thats usually when something needs decorating :rolleyes: early pictures notmy doing i dont get up at sparrow f a rt i just got up to the cooked breakfasts for the troops

when her indoors says and thats usually when something needs decorating :rolleyes: early pictures notmy doing i dont get up at sparrow f a rt i just got up to the cooked breakfasts for the troops

Tafski,

Same here mate...release dates for me going to France depends on how many "Brownie Points" have been earned.

Ian. :P:lol:

post74381175640753vl1.jpg

"Malte in Thiepval hospital

followed our way on dogsled and was bitten two times after dog had been substituted with turtle ...

he was running too fast" :lol:

alternative

Malte hasnt got the right gear to come to the somme

tafski ;)

alternative

Malte hasnt got the right gear to come to the somme

tafski ;)

Alternative

HEADLINE NEWS..." Great War Forum Members storm the Queen Vic"

Ian. :lol: