Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Victoria Cross

easily_confused

John, that's all I knew on the subject my friend, why should I reel off any more??

or was this one of your famous tongue in cheek remarks...lol should I take it then I have been rapped on the knuckles by a superior?

I am not sure whether you were taking the St.Michael or not..... :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Ivan.

Just going back to the King's South Africa Medal, as has been pointed out, it could not be awarded on it's own, but it is also virtually unknown without the two Clasps (South Africa 1901 & South Africa 1902)

Confirmed that there is no detail on the actual medal roll for him. Pte 3431 T. KNIGHT Hampshire Regiment was certainly entitled to the QSA and KSA (I’m assuming with both 1901 and 1902 clasps). His QSA clasps are Paardeberg, Johannesburg and Cape Colony. Couldn’t find anything else on him.

Marc

Pleased to see Pals taking a more sensible view of this thread. :)

Interesting topic and who knows one day one of the lost VC`s could surface on these forum pages with Pals help and sensible advice.

Roland.

• 1 year later...

Different colours to the VC?

remember the foundry was bombed during early WW2, and the chinese ingot was destroyed and had to be replaced with 'replica' metal, until original chinese canon gunmetal, was re-released. the metal did vary apparently during after and before WW1.

dekenai

sources to follow

The AWM did some metallurgical tests on some VC medals of various eras--they prove different metals were used at different times.

dekenai