Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

LOOKING FOR WAR RECORDS ETC

Guest Gilly10

Hi I am a new subscriber and I am trying to find the war records for John Beech dob 16 Oct 1888 Brierley Hill, Staffordshire. UK. I know he lost a leg during the great war and I have a photograph of him in his uniform which I have post-20061-1174566492.jpgattached to this email. I have tried searching for his rank and details, but although I have searched on the National Archives website, I still can't seem to find him. Perhaps somebody on the forum can help me. I look forward to receiving any information you can offer.

Regards Gilly

Looks to me like a Rifle Brigade cap badge. With no extra insignia his rank would be a Private.

Possibly:

Medal card of Beech, John

Corps Regiment No Rank

Rifle Brigade B 1299 Private

Rifle Brigade B 1299 Private

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...p;resultcount=2

Wait for someone to confirm before spending your money.

Steve.

Steve, as usual is right. Here is his BWM/VM Roll entry. 7th Rifle Brigade and Depot.

Andy

post-1871-1174568211.jpg

Aha, there's Someone.

To me the Depot reference would suggest this man was possibly posted to the depot before being discharged wounded/sick/etc.

Steve.

He was in "B" Company and was wounded at Hooge on the 30/7/15 a very notable date for the Rifle Brigade and the Kings Royal Rifle Corps.

The reference to him being posted to the Depot before being discharged sounds about right. He probably would have been posted to the 5th and then when the wounds proved to much, the depot for discharge.

Andy

1914-15 Star Roll.

Overseas 19/5/15

Discharged 13/1/19 under Paragraph 392 (xvi)

post-1871-1174611075.jpg

post-1871-1174612342.jpgGilly,

He was also awarded a Silver Wound Badge, Number B247281, he enlisted on 29/8/14 and was discharged 13/1/19.

post-1871-1174612387.jpg