Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

family

joyce

i have one of my rellies asbeing in 1851 sead st marys barracks,chatham kent gillingham district 2

and it reads as followshenry mcglockland(mclaughlin)age 38,private solder born in ireland

bridget age 34 born in ireland

mary age 15 amercian british subject

elizabeth age10 amercian british subject

ellen age 7 amercian british subject

ann age 4 born brompton ,kent

henry age 2 born brompton kent

i would like to find out which army he served in and why his children were born in amercia

if possable can anyone help,thank you

joyce from holland

JOYCE

Do you have any information on what regiment he was in. It will help to trace back where, and why he was there ! It may show something like 15th Regiment of Foot or something similar.

Strictly of course this is a long time before the Great War began and outside of this Forum,but I will try to help.

Sotonmate

JOYCE

Do you have any information on what regiment he was in. It will help to trace back where, and why he was there ! It may show something like 15th Regiment of Foot or something similar.

Strictly of course this is a long time before the Great War began and outside of this Forum,but I will try to help.

Sotonmate

i have one of my rellies asbeing in 1851 sead st marys barracks,chatham kent gillingham district 2

and it reads as followshenry mcglockland(mclaughlin)age 38,private solder born in ireland

bridget age 34 born in ireland

mary age 15 amercian british subject

elizabeth age10 amercian british subject

ellen age 7 amercian british subject

ann age 4 born brompton ,kent

henry age 2 born brompton kent

i would like to find out which army he served in and why his children were born in amercia

if possable can anyone help,thank you

joyce from holland

Have you tried to google St Mary's barracks?

Chatham is the home of the Royal Engineers, but they were Sappers and not privates.

stevem

Have you tried to google St Mary's barracks?

Chatham is the home of the Royal Engineers, but they were Sappers and not privates.

stevem

hi stevem

have google st marys there are privates there but dont know were to look can you help or tell me how i can find him,thank you for your help

joyce