The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

canadian batt m.i.c.

jamesbow

hi all,

my next door neighbour has asked me if i can find out anything on her grandfather:Anthony Allen 2nd batt canadian inf. no 675456 .kia on 29 dec 1917.i have found his attestation papers which i have downloaded for her,and told her she will have to pay for his service papers.the thing is would he be entitled to medals,and where to look. i looked on national archives medal index but it didnt like putting anything canadian in or his no,any help would be most gratefull, many thanks jamesbow

Suggest you contact forum member 'Borden Battery' - he has a tremendous number of links to useful Canadian sites and may be of some help to you in your general quest.

James, Canadian Expeditionary Force members' medal index cards are held for those men who transferred to Imperial Forces or received awards for gallantry (in this case it will only indicate the unit and the award, not the other medals) . The only way to find out what medals were awarded will be to get the full service record from Library and Archives Canada.

many ,many thanks

desmond7,doris and chris,getting a bit further.i did notice when looking on na medal card index that there were a few canadians on there? i take it that there is no similier m i c on canadian archives .all the best jamesbow

Hello JamesBow

Send me a Private Message and I will forward about 500 Great War websites, including several directly linked to your interests.

Borden Battery