Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New First World War Feature Film

schmoodub

Also there is a chap called Dickie Knight who runs the Vickers Machine Gun Society who demonstrates a blank firing Vickers MG.

http://www.khaki-on-campaign.co.uk/khaki.htm.

You could try asking them for help or just go along to one of their events ask if you could sound record.

I saw them at Old Sarum last August. I don't know if they provide extras for film work, some WW2 groups do.

As a member of the Vickers Machine Gunners Society who was present at Old Sarum with Dickie, I should point out whilst the VMGS apparently has all the paperwork in place to eventually own such a gun, the live-firing Vickers that was shown in use for that weekend was in fact rented from one of the UK's leading prop/gun suppliers/renters. However, should you require any help I'm sure Dickie would be interested, and I can pass better contact details on if necessary!

Beyond The Front Line (Framom främsta linjen)

Correct transaltion; not "beyond", but "in front"... Sorry just wanted to burst... :huh:

The Finnish title is "Etulinjan edessä".

BTW, Paul... anything more you can tell us about the film? :)

Correct transaltion; not "beyond", but "in front"... Sorry just wanted to burst... :huh:

The Finnish title is "Etulinjan edessä".

Is this the film by Olli SAARELA, that was also known as "Ambush" or "Rukajarven Tie"?

I found the different sounds of the variety of weapons particularly well done and there appeared to be great attention to detail.

Guest Trenchwire
Hi all,

Firstly not sure where to post this topic, i chose this area because of the link with equipment... so im sorry if its in the wrong place...

Im am going to be sound effects/design editor on a new British first world war feature film which will commence filming later this year...

I am trying to find out if there is anyone/anywhere (a range or private land) that has lee enfield rifles or vickers/maxim machine guns that can be fired..... basically there isnt a sound library about with good quality recordings of first world war weapons... so i am looking to do some recording....

if anyone can point me in the direction of anyone that could help me out i would be vey gratefull...

a long shot i know but worth a try...

cheers

Paul.

Paul whats the film going to be called? :rolleyes: it isnt the new christmas truce film is it? :unsure: i wonder :ph34r:

Is this the film by Olli SAARELA, that was also known as "Ambush" or "Rukajarven Tie"?

Nope... it WAS Olli Saarela who directed Rukajärven tie, but "Etulinjan edessä" was directed by Åke Lindman (who is currently working on another project, in which I got to play a part also :D)... Lindman himself played a memorable role of Lehto in 1955 major movie "Tuntematon Sotilas" (the Unknown Soldier).