Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Royal Horse Artillery

Guest ian lloyd

Guest ian lloyd

Hi there

I have recently found a relative who joined the Royal Horse Artillery, 33rd Division Ammunition Column, and wondered if anyone had any info on the regiment regarding action on the 18th April 1918. That was the date he died,and how do i find out when they enlisted?

Name ...Joseph Lloyd

Number...1115

Rank...Corporal

Buried...Tynecot Memorial

regards IJL

Hello Ij

Given that your relative was in the DAC of the 33rd Division this book would be worthwhile your accessing through inter library loan:

J. Macartney-Filgate The History of the 33rd Divisional Artillery in the War, 1914-1918

As for service details of your man, the service records at the NA are your source.

Regards

Mel

Guest ian lloyd
Hello Ij

Given that your relative was in the DAC of the 33rd Division this book would be worthwhile your accessing through inter library loan:

J. Macartney-Filgate The History of the 33rd Divisional Artillery in the War, 1914-1918

As for service details of your man, the service records at the NA are your source.

Regards

Mel

Hi Mel

Thanks for the reply

regards IJL

Ijl

Have a look at the main site for the outline history of the 33rd Division:

http://www.1914-1918.net/33div.htm

The date of death coincides with the First Battle of Kemmel 17-19th April during the German 1918 offensive in Flanders.

Regards

Mel

• 2 years later...
Hi there

I have recently found a relative who joined the Royal Horse Artillery, 33rd Division Ammunition Column, and wondered if anyone had any info on the regiment regarding action on the 18th April 1918. That was the date he died,and how do i find out when they enlisted?

Name ...Joseph Lloyd

Number...1115

Rank...Corporal

Buried...Tynecot Memorial

regards IJL

Hello. Are you still on the forum - My grandfather was in the 33rd DAC RFA - I would love to make contact

Rob