Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1st Battalion Rifle Brigade at Beaumont Hamel?

Romney

I have been trying to trace my great grandfather. He was a rifleman in 1st Battalion of the Rifle Brigade. His name was Louis Sydney Price. I have been told that according to the battalion's diaries the Germans were woking hard to defend Beaumont Hamel on 10 & 11 October 1915. My great grandfather died on 11 October 1915. Any information would be gratefully received :):):)

I have been trying to trace my great grandfather. He was a rifleman in 1st Battalion of the Rifle Brigade. His name was Louis Sydney Price. I have been told that according to the battalion's diaries the Germans were woking hard to defend Beaumont Hamel on 10 & 11 October 1915. My great grandfather died on 11 October 1915. Any information would be gratefully received :):):)

Hi there,

You're in luck as the war diaries for the 1st Battalion RB are abvailable to download from the NA site:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...sultcount=10124

That will, at the very least, provide you with info on what the 1/RB were doing on the date he died.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Romney,

If you would care to send me an e-mail with your e-mail address on I will send you the War Diary for the relevant days. The Germans were indeed working hard on the defences to Beaumont Hamel on those days but there is little else to mention in the Diaries.

Andy

Romney,

If you would care to send me an e-mail with your e-mail address on I will send you the War Diary for the relevant days. The Germans were indeed working hard on the defences to Beaumont Hamel on those days but there is little else to mention in the Diaries.

Andy

Thanks for the info, Andy. Someone else has already sent me the relevant diaries I was looking for

Steve