Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Anyone up for a mystery

SHARDIE

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice. I bought a lovely pair of medals BWM and Victory but I can't trace the MIC. I've tried every combination of search using the information available. The following info is exactly the same on both medals.

1494 SPR. W.R MCBRIDE. R.E.

Can anyone give advice about how to proceed. Is there some other way of confirming the authenticity of the medals?

Regards

Steve

No but ive been madly looking him up! its boring night on telly

Mick

Hello Steve

You will have to pose a better mystery than that to thwart the sleuths on the forum. :lol:

Your man was a Territorial and from the February 1917 renumbering of the RE was with a unit affiliated to the Hampshire (Fortress) Coy (Southampton0.

regards

Mel

Hello Steve

You will have to pose a better mystery than that to thwart the sleuths on the forum. :lol:

Your man was a Territorial and from the February 1917 renumbering of the RE was with a unit affiliated to the Hampshire (Fortress) Coy (Southampton0.

regards

Mel

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the responses, looks like my man. But I'm also interested to know how you achieved the hit. Did you use the quick search, advanced?????

Regards

Steve

Sorry, not that funny.

With yours I just put in Engineers in Corp and Bride in surname. One gets two hits, but only one that is T1494.

Kevin

I presumed you tried just the number so I guessed there might be a letter prefix, i tried T and got lucky.

Kevins right.

Remember when searching. Less is more, the less amount of info you put in brings up more possibles. But when the posibilities turn up in the hundreds then start playing with the combinations...name or part name, part number. and use the 'Other Keywords' box as much as possible.

Part of my job is searching for people using NHS computor systems so every day I'm usually searching using limited demographics.

Mick