Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

lincolnshire village in the great war

toofatfortakeoff

Just to announce that my CDROM (double) Barton on Humber A Lincolnshire Village in the Great War is being serialised by the Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph from most likely next week. this will be on sale soon.

First publication soi Im telling the World. More news as it occurs. Thanks to all who were involved in this and a special thanks to th the Veterans and the people on this websitee who inspires me. :D

Congratulations, I hope that the serialised bits in the Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph are well received.

Andy

I'll make sure that our history dept know about this. Congratulations. (Hope they are paying well :lol: )

Congratulations. (Hope they are paying well :lol: )

Thanks everyone I know it's a small contribution but heres hoping it will really get the ball rolling

Who knows I get the feeling this will lead to lots more info heres hoping........... :D

Looking forward to receiving my Scunthorpe telegraph for a change..usually only takes a couple of minutes for me to scan through, I'll have something to read now!

regards

Tom(Scunthorpe)

Just to announce that my CDROM (double) Barton on Humber A Lincolnshire Village in the Great War is being serialised by the Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph from most likely next week. this will be on sale soon.

First publication soi Im telling the World. More news as it occurs. Thanks to all who were involved in this and a special thanks to th the Veterans and the people on this websitee who inspires me. :D

As a one time resident of Barton...well done! Now just how soon will it be before the papparazi are seen arriving from Hull? :)

Well done Sean.

Any published material that highlights the sacrifice and aids in the memory of the Lincolnshire men who died in the Great War can only be considered as a positive step in raising public awareness.

This is a great achievement.

Steve.

Well done Sean.

Any published material that highlights the sacrifice and aids in the memory of the Lincolnshire men who died in the Great War can only be considered as a positive step in raising public awareness.

This is a great achievement.

Steve.

I couldn't agree more - congratulations.

Cheers Terry

Hi again the serialisation has begun, and Warner Bros have so far not shown any interest, though one Bartonian I researched may be the subject of a film leading from this topic oooooooo!!!! Watch this space eh :o Thanks again.

If Msieur Moderater will allow me to sell it here it is 12-99 for the double CDRom. Any enqs to the usual pm or barton.company@yahoo.co.uk

ps Mr Barton res when where you there?

ps Mr Barton res when where you there?

Back when they were spinning the cables for the bridge. Queens Jubilee..saw her drive through Wrawby ...So that would be..er...1974 onwards :unsure: ?

Nice to see someone is keeping the memory of our great war yellow-bellies alive. As a Barnetby lad myself it's good to see more being done in the name of local lads who laid down their lives.

• 1 month later...
Nice to see someone is keeping the memory of our great war yellow-bellies alive. As a Barnetby lad myself it's good to see more being done in the name of local lads who laid down their lives.

Thanks mate.

Special price for 1914-1918 net users £10 all in. Just get your user name on if you want a copy.

OAPs and under 18s please ask i know how tight money is.

There is another bookout hot i hope on the heels of LVITGW which will have a much broader appeal-accounts of veterans I recorded many many years ago interspersed with a bit about how I went about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks mate.

Special price for 1914-1918 net users £10 all in. Just get your user name on if you want a copy.

OAPs and under 18s please ask i know how tight money is.

There is another bookout hot i hope on the heels of LVITGW which will have a much broader appeal-accounts of veterans I recorded many many years ago interspersed with a bit about how I went about it.

Hi Sean, I hadn't realised that when you said, your cd rom, you actually menat one that you had published. At £10, I would be very interested in getting a copy.

Let me know what to do.

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...

Just to say that I now have a copy of this cd & it is very interesting :)