Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Help with a Medal Record Please

debs mcfadyen

Hi I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some help.

I am trying to trace my Great Grandfather. I have investigated the Medal Records from the NA.

Does anyone know what this Regiment Number would apply to: T4/070426. I'm wondering if this applies to the Irish Rifles.

He was a Catholic man from West Belfast. Arthur Edmund Rice. All I know is that he died in the Ulster Volunteer Hospital in 1921 and may have lost a leg.

Thank you very much for looking.

D.

Hi I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some help.

I am trying to trace my Great Grandfather. I have investigated the Medal Records from the NA.

Does anyone know what this Regiment Number would apply to: T4/070426. I'm wondering if this applies to the Irish Rifles.

He was a Catholic man from West Belfast. Arthur Edmund Rice. All I know is that he died in the Ulster Volunteer Hospital in 1921 and may have lost a leg.

Thank you very much for looking.

D.

I think that he may be 4th New Army Horse Transport in the Army Service Corps. Have a look here on the British Medal Forum:

http://www.britishmedalforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=403

Thanks guys for your very quick replies.

I had already downloaded the Medal details from the National Archives. The thing is I'm not sure yet if this is my GGrandad.

The record shows a name - which could be him, Arthur E. Rice

Corps. - ASC

Rank. - Driver

Reg No. - T4/070426

The medal roll says

Victory - RASC/101B47. page 4800

British - Ditto.

I'm not close to Kew so can't just pop in and take a look, so I'm trying to work out if it is likely to be him.

He was born 28/02/1880, so fairly mature at time of joining. Does this service number hold any clues?

Thanks again.