Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The History of the King's Shropshire Light Infantr

Chris_Baker

• 4 months later...

Chris

Do you have any information about the 2nd Battalion on or around May 7th 1915? Acting Corporal 5984 George Huband was killed just before the start of 2nd Ypres? Any information would be much appreciated

Alec

Hi Alec

I hope Chris does not mind me answering this one, I also have Regt. History & copy of 2/K.S.L.I.'s War Diary.

The Battalion had been relieved from front line on the evaning of 6th May and proceeded to G.H.Q. Lines at Potijze. On the 7th a party of 200 men worked on G.H.Q. Lines, the Diary records 12 N.C.O.'s and men killed and wounded. Soldiers Died records ten men killed and one died of wounds on this day, none of those killed have a known grave and the chap who D. of W. is buried in Perth Cemetery (China Wall).

Annette

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Chris

Does the history tell us anything about "D" Coy, 1 Bn, around 25 October 1914? My gt uncle Jim Webley, Pte 10092, was killed on that day.

Regards

Jim

Chris - I hope you do not mind me butting in but Jim I have a copy of the Battalion War Diary, I will email you later when I have time to look at it and my notes on the Battle they took part in.

Annette