Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Any good houses to rent near Albert

altom

Wonder if you could help me?Planning to visit the Somme in the first week in October,does anybody know of any self catering accommodation preferably not too far from Albert,that will sleep 7 or 8 people.

Hi

I have just booked at Chavasse Farm for June. Although I have not been there, it does look a really nice place to stay.

The owner, Jonathan, has been a pleasure to deal with, most courteous, efficient and helpful.

Regards

John

Try http://www.somme-tourisme.com/uk/

Have rented houses at Mailly Maillet and Beaumont Hamel. Excellant value and well equiped. Booking through the Somme tourist board means all the paperwork is written in French but fairly easy to translate. Highly recommended.

Clare

Hi

I have just booked at Chavasse Farm for June. Although I have not been there, it does look a really nice place to stay.

The owner, Jonathan, has been a pleasure to deal with, most courteous, efficient and helpful.

Regards

John

Thanks for your reply,is Chavasse Farm in a village and is there a nearby bar to spend an evening?

Regards, alan.

I would recommend Chavasse Farm. I have stayed there and had a great time. There is a variety of accommodation on site. The largest I think sleeps 10.

Not a bar near the location but the owner has made his own 'small bar' called the Rum Ration from an old farm building. A great place to sit and have a few drinks on an evening.

Regards

David

Wonder if you could help me?Planning to visit the Somme in the first week in October,does anybody know of any self catering accommodation preferably not too far from Albert,that will sleep 7 or 8 people.

Hi,

Try Dinnaken House in Flers.... it sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms.

Ian.

I've also stayed at Chavasse Farm, I highly reccomend it, ideal for a group the farmhouse sleeps 10 or 12. They have a good website.

www.chavasseferme.co.uk

Good Luck

Paul