Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1/7th Sherwood Foresters

Andrew Hesketh

I have a complete paper copy of this diary but unfortunately not in digital format. Willing to do any look ups however and type out relevant parts.

I also have bits of several other SF diaries and may be able to help on any SF queries or point you to someone who can!

Andrew Hesketh

• 6 months later...

Hello Andrew,

Do you have a copy of the War diary for the 6th Notts and Derby's, period 6th march 1915 up to when they leave the Messines Ridge area.

Koyli

Hi,

I'm afraid I only have the 1/6th diary for the period May 2 - November 11 1916. I'm happy top provide you with any part(s) of that you wish.

However I have Westlake's British Battalions January - June 1915, so if you've not got access to that let me know.

Alternatively contact Cliff Housley, Reg't Historian, RWFR, Chilwell Barracks, Nottingham. I'm sure he'll provide you with what you need.

All the best,

Andrew

Hi,

Thanks for looking, and also for reminding me of westlake's book. I see they left in June 1915.

I will certainly try and contact Cliff Housley as you propose.

Thank you.

I have a typed copy of a diary from Pte Bagshaw (6th SF) for the period 25th Feb 15 until 31st may 15. If you haven't got a copy I would be glad to mail you one.

KOYLI

Sorry I couldn't help you out, but I'd be very keen to get hold of a copy of the diary entries. If you want to e-mail me or do a PM with your address and costs of photocopying or whatever, I'll send you an s.s.a.e and costs in stamps or a cheque, whichever you prefer. Thanks a lot.

KOYLI - that's an excellent read, thanks for alerting me to it. Is there any more?

• 11 years later...

I would be very interested in any information about 2nd Lt Basil Terah Hooley who was in the 7th Battalion and was later attached to the Tank corps where he became Acting Major