The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Old Sweat or Old Glow?

Joan and Terry

Having just reached the three hundred mark,I notice I am now referred to as an old sweat. Horses sweat,Men perspire and Ladies glow.Would it be posible to be called an old glow? B)

Joan, old glower :rolleyes:

Having just reached the three hundred mark,I notice I am now referred to as an old sweat. Horses sweat,Men perspire and Ladies glow.Would it be posible to be called an old glow? B)

Joan, old glower :rolleyes:

Oxford English Reference Dictionery. GLOWER: Scowl or stare angrily Are you sure? :huh:

No discrimination please.

I agree . I `m feeling a little thirsty... :rolleyes:

Roland.

Oxford English Reference Dictionery. GLOWER: Scowl or stare angrily Are you sure? :huh:

How about just call me glowing?

Concise Oxford Dictionary ninth edition expressing pride or satisfaction,which I feel having passed the three hundred mark :D

Shome mishtake, shurely, Joan? :D

Jim

Women do not make mistakes,it was a deliberate ploy to get a response. ;)

I never drink whilst sleeping.

Joan

And dont you just know , If we said "shes glowing". you can bet your life she would say "no Im not, im sweating !" :lol:

And dont you just know , If we said "shes glowing". you can bet your life she would say "no Im not, im sweating !" :lol:

Mo! Behave! 'tis a woman's prerogative..... :P

Jim

Should this post not be in Upstairs?

Show the Lady the way, someone. And someone oil the secret panel....

Steve.

Joan, old glower

Just like to say...as much as I would like to perspire, after doing my daily chores... I sweat like a pig :huh: but I'd rather be an 'old sweat' than a stinking pig

:D I like your approach though Joan

Joan, welcome to the bands of old sweaters

You are cordinally invioted to join us Upstairs at Skindles for conversation deep and delighful - amongst which this thread would be perfectly at home. and I think you would make an excelent addition to the mad bunch that hang out there

To find us; follow http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...hp?showforum=26

Scan a few threads to see what goes on (the dead end thread is not mandatory) and then join in following the tradition is that new members offer all present a cyber drink

Looking forward to seeing you there soon

Stephen ;)

Welcome Joan, have fun here in Skindles, if your mad as a hatter it does help in 'upstairs'

Mandy

Welcome Joan, have fun here in Skindles, if your mad as a hatter it does help in 'upstairs'

Mandy

Also helps to realise where you are. Mad may be de rigeur, but when trying to find the door to the Ladies, remember that we are currently in Chit Chat :P

Matron Mandy, being a nurse and all, is allowed to wander the corridors without knowing where she is, what she's doing, who she's doing it to, where she's shoving the sharp implement she's carrying and what, indeed, her name is.

Matron - we're in Chit Chat dear. have you had your medication.....

No Steve not had any medication for over a week now, and it is showing isnt it!

still never mind i'll get better, i'm sure, they do say you get better with age dont they?

10 days to go before the big 46!!!!!!!!

Mandy, Matron, Lady Mandy

It all reminds me of the somewhat tongue-tied Lancastrian who was seeking to gain the attention of a young woman he fancied. His mate, noting his dilemma, said, 'You need to say something romantic to her.' So he went up to her and said, 'Na then flower, you don't sweat much for a fat lass do you?'

Jack