Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Dick Whiteman

eric e

Richards grave with his parents names on the front panel.

post-17375-1186522251.jpg

• 6 months later...

post-17375-1203887320.jpg

I was very happy to find this when looking through a group of photos a distant relative gave me yesterday. A young looking Richard Whiteman is seated on the right.I know it is pre 1914 but I thought it might be of interest to some, could anyone date it more accurately for me please.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• 10 years later...

Eric, I have just found this site, this is my great grandfather, his daughter Patricia Cressy Whiteman was my grandmother, she married Fredrick Thomas Robinson and had 6 sons and 1 daughter.  My father Clive John Robinson was the eldest son, nan never got over the death of her brother John known as Jack to the family, he died on HMS Hood, message if you would like more information.

On 04/07/2007 at 23:00, eric e said:

Charles,

Thanks for the link. I have a photo of John, it is taken with his wife Mary standing outside their home I presume. The name of the house is "The anchorage".

The photo is quite poignant because it is in the form of a Christmas card and is signed "from Mary with love". I guess it was sent to my grandfather after John's death.

I will certainly send the photo to the hood crew memorial site. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Regards,

Eric.

Eric, the photograph that you submitted regarding John (Jack) with Mary, is not his wife, Jack never married and his sister, my nan would have known if he had, we think it may be his brother, look at the photograph carefully and you will see that it looks nothing like Jack.  Jack's twin sister Helen, known as Nell was my godmother.

• 7 months later...