Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte Richard Lofthouse

Beau Geste

...since I've become passionate about the Great War he has suddenly become very special to me. Does that make sense?

An awful lot of sense.

Thanks Andrew, I'll be rooting for Forest this weekend !

Harry

Hello Harry,

A little off topic here but the surname... Lofthouse... not all that common, and brings back a few memories of a chap I used to be in school with in Liverpool.... Brian Lofthouse. A tall lad, about 6-foot, blond hair. He'll be in his mid fifty's now. A relative of yours?

Seph :ph34r:

Hello Harry,

A little off topic here but the surname... Lofthouse... not all that common, and brings back a few memories of a chap I used to be in school with in Liverpool.... Brian Lofthouse. A tall lad, about 6-foot, blond hair. He'll be in his mid fifty's now. A relative of yours?

Seph :ph34r:

Hi Seph,

If only !!!!!!!!!!

I'm neither 6' and blonde and in my 50s, so it certainly isn't me (though I did know a woman once who fits that description). Nor did I know someone who resembles the lad in your description. I went to St Margaret's Anfield on the crossroads where Shiel Road and Belmont Road meet. You're right though, "Lofthouse" isn't a common name in that city. In fact your friend is the first one I've been alerted to.

Hope you find him.

Harry

On the MIC I downloaded from the NA there are three ROBERT Lofthouses. The middle one interests me but I can't read his regiment. He is Pte 13388 Robert Lofthouse of the .............

Can anyone with better eyes than me please help. The reason I'm asking is that Richard had several brothers, Robert was just two years older so probably served as well.

Harry

On the MIC I downloaded from the NA there are three ROBERT Lofthouses. The middle one interests me but I can't read his regiment. He is Pte 13388 Robert Lofthouse of the .............

Can anyone with better eyes than me please help. The reason I'm asking is that Richard had several brothers, Robert was just two years older so probably served as well.

Harry

Harry

The online index says Royal Lancaster Regiment.

Medal card of Lofthouse, Robert

Corps Regiment No Rank

Royal Lancaster Regiment 13388 Private

Date 1914-1920

Catalogue reference WO 372/12

Regards

Steve

The online index says Royal Lancaster Regiment.

Medal card of Lofthouse, Robert

Corps Regiment No Rank

Royal Lancaster Regiment 13388 Private

Date 1914-1920

Catalogue reference WO 372/12

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, My eyes are one of the many things that are slowly turning against me!!!! Now that you've pointed the way, I can see it clearly.

Harry