Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anyone else going to the Western Front?

Stephanie

Hi.

Planning my 3rd trip to the Battlefields around Ypres in the Somme with my dad, so im really excited now :).

Should be there from April 3rd-April 8th.

Anyone else going there then? Would love to meet up with a few pals!

Steph :D x

Hi

We will be there from the 7th-10th in Ypres (maybe the Somme), with the exception of the 9th, which we will spend in France for the re-dedication of Vimy and the battle of Arras.

Cheers

Marc.

PS ..you're from my neck of the woods, so at least we can understand each other... :lol:

hiya steph and pa

we will be in ieper again in the mud of plug street this time and going to the cells where the men got what they got as im not supposed to say what they got early in the morning or drinking belgian beer again april 6-10.

now without going on and on and on and on and onZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

sorry fell asleep,isnt it time that we had a gwf badge it helps swell funds and we could see who`s who,or maybe flashing light on our heads,remember the post last year with our beloved aurial missing a pal,now if he had a nice badge not a WFA badge a GWF one

not a hat or a fleece just a bleedin badge,got a nice diggers badge which I wear.how come they have one and we havent??

really really can not see why I keep going on and on and on and on and on ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

sorry dropped off again,saying the same thing over and over and still falling on deaf ears,just a little badge dont want a picture just GWF is it just me or what,just tell me I cant have one thats fine then I will shut up but no answer is no answer

biffo

I knew a bloke who tried to start a club for sadistic necrophiliac bestialists. I told him he was flogging a dead horse. :D

Chris C

Hi.

Planning my 3rd trip to the Battlefields around Ypres in the Somme with my dad, so im really excited now :).

Should be there from April 3rd-April 8th.

Anyone else going there then? Would love to meet up with a few pals!

Steph :D x

My wife and I will be there from 4th april for a week. In the Ariane bar every night! Somme for a day on 9th or 10th. Mainly Messines ridge this time plus a day on the bikes again (Oh Joy).

My website www.ypressalient.co.uk - cwgc - menin gate -has photos of me and the wife next to Menin Gate so anyone may accost me with a bottle of Westmalle (dubbel).

stevem :D

A good reply!

Im staying at the Ariane, so maybe we could meet up there, Steve :P

But yeah, would love to meet up with all of you. Don't really mind where, will all have to make a joint decision!

& For the sake of identity, It does really annoy me that i could have walked past some pals and never realised.

Steph x

A good reply!

Im staying at the Ariane, so maybe we could meet up there, Steve :P

But yeah, would love to meet up with all of you. Don't really mind where, will all have to make a joint decision!

& For the sake of identity, It does really annoy me that i could have walked past some pals and never realised.

Steph x

look forward to the Westmalle x, sorry meeting you. :D stevem

Will be over from the 3rd to the 12th. Staying mainly at Boiry Notre dame (near Monchy le Preux), but will be "flitting" between Ypres (possibly staying at Kemmel for the first few nights (fallen out with the Jeugdstadion at Ieper! :( - though I may give them another chance yet!)), Armentieres/Loos and the Somme with Arras definately on the 8th , 9th and 10th.

(When in Ieper, just look out for the (probably) slushed up Man Utd fan or the English speaking FC Brugge supporter wearing the Prussian belt buckle - it's invariably going to be me! :D )

Dave.

I will be in Ieper from 6th to 13th April, staying at Varlet Farm my favourite place.

John

chris c,must just be me then will get my coat,I now roll over belly up cant believe lack of interest

• Admin

I'll be there 6-9 April, staying at Ablain St Nazaire, north of Arras. Will be squeezing in a visit to Loos, but mainly will be around Arras.

Michelle

We'll be down on the Somme (Flers) between the 9th and 14th April. Probably drift up to Lens/Lieven and also over to Bellenglise for the odd day trip.

I can't keep the kids out of Tommies Bar! so you'll find us there at least two nights that week (mon and tue) if not more........... :unsure:

Mike

Won't be there Steph but have a good time and stay off the beer!

Bernard

Don't listen to Mr Hartley. He's a scallywag...

Bernard

haha!

I will :) Beer doesnt even taste nice :P

Thank you!

Steph!

P.S. Anyone want to arrange a time/place?

You surely cannot visit Belgium and not revel in the glories that are Belgian beers???

Encourage your taste buds.

Sup and enjoy

Bruce

chris c,must just be me then will get my coat,I now roll over belly up cant believe lack of interest

biffo im a newbe so dont count but maybe no one else sees your posts .

or you have form and they are ignoring you.

dave

ps seems a reasonable idea.

biffo im a newbe so dont count but maybe no one else sees your posts .

or you have form and they are ignoring you.

dave

ps seems a reasonable idea.

hi and welcome to the forum

looka newbs count just as much as oldbs,despite recent trends

re FORM do you mean that thing with the sheep,it was never proved,just cos im welsh.

as to being ignored im used to that been married along time

re badges MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

horse dead flogging

would like to say there is a big world outside the ariane bar,when we are all TOGETHER in ieper rightly we will all be at the gate at eight just lets say passing ships in the night,you dont know me(sounds like the name of a song)

I will be the one wearing his diggers badge with pride

biffo

Confirmed im there April 3rd-8th.

Recognise me by the thick rimmed black glasses.

& Ill probably be in a khaki jacket :] Picture on my profile.

Im rubbish at remembering faces off a computer screen so i'm trusting you to come and see me :P

Steph x