Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cpl Joseph Bermingham Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers.

Trinovantes

Dear pals,

It is amazing what you can find in an old case in a dusty attic, items that were almost thrown away recently by a relation (screams of horror).

I have decided to post my great great uncle, Joseph Berminghams small book, discharge certifiicate and character reference. As you can see he joined the Skins in 1905 and was discharged in 1918 due to being no longer physically fit owing to being wounded three times.

Also within the case are his medals including the SWB and a few photo's showing him wearing civvies with his arm in a sling.

The small book is intriguing as it has recipes and advice on weapons cleaning to badges of rank.

A fantastic find that I am glad to share with you, mind you I would have given my right arm just to sit down and speak with him, what stories.

I am glad to say, another trip to the PRO.

Further to the above the photo's posted reveal that Joe had a brother called Paddy who served with the 2nd K.R.R.C for 27 years (see newspaper cutting). Paddy is the one sporting a moustache of that period and they were known as the Brum brothers.

I have posted the the whole bundle so forgive the lack of order and information as I hope you will appreciate, I have a bit of research to be getting on with, any help will be most welcome.

Regards,

John.

To see photographs click the link.

http://aolpictures.aol.co.uk/galleries/trinovantian/

Hey John,

Have you got any photo's of you GG Uncle around? My Grandfather was with the 1st battalion Skins from 1903 - 1918. I'm always looking for "new" photos

Hello John

That is great stuff - the Discharge Certificate is an impressive document.

How did he fare post war?

Regards

Mel

Hey John,

Have you got any photo's of you GG Uncle around? My Grandfather was with the 1st battalion Skins from 1903 - 1918. I'm always looking for "new" photos

Hi,

Ken the photo's are at my parents so I will at some stage post them when I get a chance.

Regards,

John.

Hello John

That is great stuff - the Discharge Certificate is an impressive document.

How did he fare post war?

Regards

Mel

Hi Mel,

As far as I know he never married and died when I was a young lad. Like I said I would love to have had a chat with him.

If I find out anymore I will let you know.

John.