Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Russian Front WW1.

Owen D

Felt like starting a thread to get some of us away from the Western Front for awhile.

How important was the Ost Front to the Germans in WW1?

What was the maximum number of Divisions serving there at one time compared to the Western Front?

How far into Russia did they get?

What was the total casualties for the Germans on the Ost Front ?

[be interesting to compare with WW2]

Some simple questions, which if I had a dig around I could probably answer myself but for some reason facts seem to stick in my mind better when discussing topics on a Forum.

Hello Owen D, It was very important to both the Germans and Austro-Hungarians. Perhaps you would find answers to your questions by visiting my website www.Warchron.com. It is about Russia and the Russian Front. Please visit the Chronology (350 pages and 750 images) which will take you through the period 1894 - 1917. Use the Index and Search to find specific dates and details. Please see Maps. And of course visit the Forum. Your participation would be most welcome. Best regards, agblume

Felt like starting a thread to get some of us away from the Western Front for awhile.

How important was the Ost Front to the Germans in WW1?

What was the maximum number of Divisions serving there at one time compared to the Western Front?

How far into Russia did they get?

What was the total casualties for the Germans on the Ost Front ?

[be interesting to compare with WW2]

Some simple questions, which if I had a dig around I could probably answer myself but for some reason facts seem to stick in my mind better when discussing topics on a Forum.

Here are two discussion forums for you to check out. Borden Battery

Warchron - Great War on the Eastern Front

The Warchron discussion forum is dedicated to the Eastern Front during the Great War. The subject of Warchron is Russian military (land-sea-air), political-social history. In August 2006 Warchron began reorganizing the Forum Topics to include all aspects of the period 1918-1922 including the Russian Civil War, Wars of National Independence, Polish-Soviet War and the Allied Intervention. An emphasis will now be placed on aviation of all belligerents. As of Sept 2006 there are 72 members and about 835 postings. [An August Blume – Larry Seawell website][CEF Study Group – Dec 2006 – Updated]

http://www.warchron.com/forum/

Austro-Hungarian Land Forces Discussion Forum

This unique forum is for the discussion of the Austro-Hungarian Land Forces 1848-1938 and includes about 560 members Also see: German & Austrian Great War Websites - Part 24] for a related website. This site offers the unique opportunity to discuss the Great War from the other side of the Line. [CEF Study Group - April 2006]

http://p205.ezboard.com/faustrohungarianla...ussionforumfrm0

• 2 weeks later...