Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

La Boiselle, Somme 1916

Guest Dave Hall

Guest Dave Hall

I am studying the assault of this village, located on the Albert-Bapaume Road, by the Tyneside Scottish and Irish Brigades on July 1st 1916.

If anyone knows where I could find Trench Maps of the area I would love to hear from you

David Hall

david.l.hall@blueyonder.co.uk

• 16 years later...

The area and the attack of the two Tyneside brigades is covered in reasonable detail in Michael Stedman's La Boisselle/Ovillers/Contalmaison Battleground Europe book; tho' he only uses the OH mapping (which is pretty good).

3 hours ago, winged_2001 said:

Good luck!

OK.

Understood you just want to get your post quota up, but please at least try to make them relevant rather than irritating.

If you would like to see an account of the fighting on 1 July from the German side you might consider The Other Side of the Wire volume 2 by me, Ralph Whitehead. 

6 hours ago, mills-bomb said:

OK.

Understood you just want to get your post quota up, but please at least try to make them relevant rather than irritating.

May I ask you "Mills Bomb" What! If anything relevant did you add to this thread with your irritating and rather rude post.  

Well, like me I expect you opened the thread because you thought you were going to see something relevant to its title.

Instead, as in exactly the same way as on another thread, a new poster (new posters always welcome by the way) has not in anyway ‘contributed’ to that thread.

As to your post:  pot. -  kettle. -  black!

Enough. No more petty arguments please.

Keith Roberts

GWF Team