Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Leonard Bocking

Anthony Bagshaw

IPT,

Hello. I am so sorry that i failed to note your message until now. It's quite shameful and i apologise profusely.

That is very interesting, thank you.

I may have to pick the research up again on Leonard, he will become an obsession again :-)

Not sure if this is any help, but in The Manchester Courier, 15/7/1915 a L/Cpl 904, W L Bocking, 10th Battalion, The Manchester Regiment, is mentioned wounded.

qrfdvl.jpg

There is a Service/Pensions Record for him Click as John Arthur Bocking?

Mike

Hi Mick

Thanks for the information. The only W Bocking on CWGC is

BOCKING, WILLIAM Rank: Private Service No: 1489 Date of Death: 04/06/1915 Regiment/Service: Manchester Regiment 1st/10th Bn. Panel Reference Panel 158 to 170. Memorial HELLES MEMORIAL Additional Information:

I assume that this is someone different given the service number.

Sadly my Ancestry account expired ages ago and im too tight to start it up again. Is there any mention of Bottesford or Mansfield in those papers you kindly provided the link to, do you happen to know?

Thanks again

Hi Anthony. I couldn't possibly say, as that would count as a ' look-up ' which is, as we know, prohibited. From memory, I don't remember seeing either of the places you mentioned, and again, from memory, :whistle: I think Oldham was mentioned. You would have to copy the URL, and check it for free at your local library, to be sure.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I didnt know a look up was now prohibited... seems a bit strange- guess it shows how things have changed whilst i have been away,

I have now re activated my account so will see how your memory is :w00t:

Thanks again mate, appreciate your help.