Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

non comms

manchester regiment

whats the criteria for adding personal details to a non comm who is accepted by CWGC,i know you cant change the personal info for those commemorated because that was the wishes of their NOK,if known,can personal details be added,it wouldnt be going against their NOKs wishes because they were never commemorated,john hartleys stockport mem project is aptly named JUST ANOTHER NAME,john has set out to turn these names into people who had family,homes etc,those who are accepted by the CWGC are JUST ANOTHER NAME,can the CWGC accept personal info in cases like these,it would be a boost to those who work hard in finding them,bernard

Bernard,

This sounds like one for Terry Denham. I am not sure but I believe that the CWGC will only accept information from the NOK or "Official" sources.

Drop Terry a PM and see what his advice is.

Regards

PAUL J

For newly accepted names, CWGC will accept personal information such as name and address of NoK.

However, this has to come from official or other rock-solid documentation - ie not newspaper reports.

Death certificates for UK deaths usually supply NoK names. I have had NoK details added for a new man from my village by supplying copies of the school register of the time.

Terry

the case just accepted for Joseph Locklin had his home address listed on the DC - why didnt CWGC list this

Chris

Terry

the case just accepted for Joseph Locklin had his home address listed on the DC - why didnt CWGC list this

Chris

Terry

What is the answer here please

Chris

Chris

I looked at the death certificate again for you today.

It only gives an address for the casualty not that of his NoK - who are not stated.

CWGC lists the addresses for WW1 NoK as supplied by the NoK on their FVFs or as proven by official documentation for 'late' acceptances. They do not actually list the address of the casualty.

This I presume is the reason. Also his age is not stated by CWGC as his DC is vague about this.

Terry

Quite understandable as this may have been a temporary address - guess the next few I have are vauge about the age at death

Chris