Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

McCorquodale Roll of Honour 1914-1918

Will O'Brien

I have recently acquired this on CD-Rom. It has a brief bio on each casualty who worked for the Printers McCorquodales. It also contains a photo for the majority of those listed. If any one wants info from it, I'll be pleased to oblige

any Seaforths ?

Just the one Jock

Private Thomas Angus 260207

5th (The Sutherland & Caithness Highland) Battalion

Seaforth Highlanders

Joined H.M. Forces April 1916

Killed in Action by a shell near Arras 17th October 1917

Compositor Apprenticed to McCorquodale Co Ltd

9 years service in the Glasgow Office

Will,

very many thanks.

Full name is Thomas Weston Angus. Born in Belfast, enlisted Glasgow. Originally A&SH (the photo is of him in A&SH rig). One of a large draft (100+) from A&SH to 5th Seaforth in Mar (?) 17.

Jock

Will,

very many thanks.

Full name is Thomas Weston Angus. Born in Belfast, enlisted Glasgow. Originally A&SH (the photo is of him in A&SH rig). One of a large draft (100+) from A&SH to 5th Seaforth in Mar (?) 17.

Jock

Jock no problem & thanks to you for the additional info on Thomas Angus - I feel another research project coming on :D

Will - It looks like the McCorquodales in Wolverton will be knocked down to make way for new houses, I wonder if they have a memorial inside the building?

Will - It looks like the McCorquodales in Wolverton will be knocked down to make way for new houses, I wonder if they have a memorial inside the building?

I saw that in the local rag. Such a shame really, although I have heard a rumour plans are a foot to try & get the building listed. Whether this will be successful or not I really don't know. I get the feeling the MK planning committee will allow houses to be built there if they get even half the chance (of course solely in the name of low cost housing for the masses.....you only have to be on £40k+ a year to buy this lovely self contained studio flat/broom cupboard & lets not forget the need for re-generation of Wolverton <_< )

As for any memorial I don't know. If there is one & the place does get knocked down I sincerely hope it's salvaged & placed somewhere appropriate.

Will,

I am expecting to draw a blank here, but is there anyone in the memorial from the N Bucks area called LINES please?

Will,

could you write to McCorquodales re the proposed redevelopment citing your interest in the Great War and ask if there is a memorial and what will happen to it?

If there is you might at least be able to get a photo.

If the news is bad i.e. no plans to save we can start a resite the memorial campaign!

Lesley

Will,

I am expecting to draw a blank here, but is there anyone in the memorial from the N Bucks area called LINES please?

Kate

I'm afraid not

Will

Will,

could you write to McCorquodales re the proposed redevelopment citing your interest in the Great War and ask if there is a memorial and what will happen to it?

If there is you might at least be able to get a photo.

If the news is bad i.e. no plans to save we can start a resite the memorial campaign!

Lesley

Excellent idea Lesley

I'm on the case :) We keep you all updated as to what McCorquodales advise.

As for any memorial I don't know. If there is one & the place does get knocked down I sincerely hope it's salvaged & placed somewhere appropriate.

Will - I live a few yards away from McCorquodales, I'll see if I can find out if they have a memorial, and if so what they intend to do with it.

Will - I live a few yards away from McCorquodales, I'll see if I can find out if they have a memorial, and if so what they intend to do with it.

Nice one Lee. Why write when there's a PAL who lives around the corner :D

Lee and Will,

Have you considered getting Friends of War Memorials involved? They make sure Memorials are restored/replaced in suitable places. More info if you want to email me.

Aye

Malcolm

Lee and Will,

Have you considered getting Friends of War Memorials involved? They make sure Memorials are restored/replaced in suitable places. More info if you want to email me.

Aye

Malcolm

Malcolm

On a serious note I think thats an excellent idea if it transpires there is a memorial in the building that's being knocked down.

On a serious note I think thats an excellent idea if it transpires there is a memorial in the building that's being knocked down.

Although, assuming there is a memorial in place, the MK Museum might be interested in it. Or, juding by the amount of work being planned for the rejuvination of Wolverton, there might be other parties interested in obtaining the memorial.

I will get round to McCorquodales in a day or two and I'll see what is what, and I'll post my findings.......Red Squirrel out :ph34r:

Will

Going back to the Roll of Honour - could you look to see if there is a L/Cpl J Mash, 8 KRRC listed.

Also any other 8 KRRC would be of interest.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Mike

could you look to see if there is a L/Cpl J Mash, 8 KRRC listed.

Also any other 8 KRRC would be of interest.

Mike - Your wish is my command

Lance Corporal John Mash 6751R

8th Battalion Kings Royal Rifle Corps

Joined HM Forces November 1914

Killed in Action France 3rd May 1917 age 20

Apprentice Machine Minder of 3 years 6 months service at McCorquodale Cardington Street Office

No other 8KRRC I'm afraid, but there is a 1KRRC if you're interested.

Photo is of John Mash

I will get round to McCorquodales in a day or two and I'll see what is what, and I'll post my findings.......Red Squirrel out :ph34r:

Red Squirrel message received & understood - (A red squirrel in pink trousers :blink: )

Hi,

Can you search by date? If so could you tell me if you have anything on casualties from 27th May 1918.

Regards

David