Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Friends of the Lincoln Tank

Graham-McAdam

Has anyone news of The Friends of the Lincoln Tank? They started with a superb evening in the spring with lectures by Martin Middlebrook and Richard Holmes. There was then a Gordon Corrigan lecture advertised, but neither of these was reported on here, which seems a pity. There was talk of a Philippe Gorczynski visit in October, which must have been interesting.

Perhaps I should get away from my computer and join the group (yes, I have seen their website) but their cause would surely be helped by a bit of inter-group chat.

The next talk will be by David Fletcher on the subject of the WW1 Tank in Lincoln.

A few months ago the group hosted several talks and a display at the Lincolnshire Life Museum.

The group attended the Tank Museum at Bovington this Monday (20th) for Cambrai Day.

The group is also involved in many long term large scale projects, one of which is to build, from scratch a 1:1 Scale model of a Whippet.

Sorry I havent posted any updates in a while.

Steve.

• 3 months later...
The next talk will be by David Fletcher on the subject of the WW1 Tank in Lincoln.

A few months ago the group hosted several talks and a display at the Lincolnshire Life Museum.

The group attended the Tank Museum at Bovington this Monday (20th) for Cambrai Day.

The group is also involved in many long term large scale projects, one of which is to build, from scratch a 1:1 Scale model of a Whippet.

Sorry I havent posted any updates in a while.

Steve.

Wasn't aware of your involvement. Don't see your name on any documentation. Never seen you at any talks.

Zippy, your more than welcome to email Robert Scott the chairman of the group to check.

lincolntank@operamail.com

Hes a top bloke and would always loves to hear from anyone interested in WW1 Tanks. If anyone else is interested in the group feel free to send Robert an email of if you prefer to use the phone or snail mail I can supply his details via PM.

Regards,

Steve.