British Jewry Book of Honour 1914-1918

Guest lesley

Hi Peter, :)

Here is Lt M G Selby

Cheers

Tim

post-4549-1142690366.jpg

Can you give me anymore details on the other 2 as I'm having difficulty finding them.

Cheers

Tim.

Hi Shelly, :)

I am having no joy looking for your men. The index goes by surname and initials, no date died or regiment. Regiment is only shown when you go to pictures.

I would normally assume that they weren't included, but you saying you saw the one name a few years ago, has got me confused, as there appears to be no one with anything like that name in the index !

I will keep trying and let you know.

Cheers

Tim.

Hi Ron, :)

I'll look up your chaps ASAP.

Cheers

Tim.

Guest Shelley Williams

Hi Tim,

Thanks for looking, please keep trying as I do know Harris Cassonman is in there. When I looked before I think I had to look through quite a few pages before I got any lead, then I got quite a shock because it said something like M Cassonman, because before then I had only seen Harris' name in BMD books etc. so was surprised when I saw another person with the same surname. When I went to the page number it quoted, I realised then there was an error in the book, for when I saw the picture I realised it was the same man, I have a photocopy of a similar picture. If I remember rightly what took my time looking through the book was because there was a few different sections, isn't there a soldiers died section or a regiment section, I do remember having to go into the book a bit. I'm wondering in he was down as M Cassonman in one bit, then where his picture is H Cossonman, I do remember his picture being on a page with a group of other portrait pictures of soldiers.

As for Moldofsky, I don't know if he is in the book because I hadn't come across him at that time. I was hoping he would be in the book, as I wondered what he looked liked.

Thank you once again,

Shelley

Guest GeorginaP

Hi

I am new to all this. I have been tracing my family tree and found thant my great grandpa was in ww1 in the Manchester Regiment 11th Battalian, service number 79267. He died on the 15th Dec 1918 and is buried at Etaples. I have no idea how he died though I suspect it was from disease as opposed to fighting. I have no photographic record of him at all but as a long shot would appreciate any help in finding an image. His name was Private George Frederick Percival.

Many Thanks

Georgina

Can you give me anymore details on the other 2 as I'm having difficulty finding them.

Cheers

Tim.

Tim,

Herbert D.Soman - Lt 1.7.17 - served with 3/5th London (LRB) and 38th and 40th RF.

J J E Phillips - 2Lt - 5th London (LRB) - this is all I have.

Another is.. Rifleman no. 225 H.Beyfus 5th London - KIA

Many Thanks

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Brian and I have just acquired a copy on CD ROM. If any one would like a look up or a copy of a photo ( there are hundreds) let us know the name.

regards

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

Could you look up a Lance Corporal Arthur Thomas Jackson, 8th Battalion Bedfordhire Regiment.

Also James Jackson, Royal Inniskilling Fusilliers.

Thanks

LesleyR

• 3 weeks later...

charles douglas stone died in hargicourt in 1917 was a great uncle of my partner --- we dont have any more info than this ---is it possible to look up if you can find anything on him ?????

Tim,

Please could I have a look up for Private E Hayward, Middlesex Regiment.

Many thanks, Mark.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SteveinOz

Could I ask you to check for the surname BEHAR? There may be an Albert Moise Behar mentioned, but possibly others.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Brian and I have just acquired a copy on CD ROM. If any one would like a look up or a copy of a photo ( there are hundreds) let us know the name.

regards

Lesley

Lesley,

Would you have a photo of Paul Werdmuller of the London Rifle Brigade in the British Jewry Roll of Honour please ?

Regards Peter :D

Hi Steve, :)

No mention of Israel, but here is a picture of Albert. He is in the middle, second row down. Picture number 5.

Hope this is of help !

Cheers

Tim.

Tim - would you have a photo Of Paul Werdmuller of the London Rifle Brigade in the British Jewry Roll of Honour ?

Regards Peter

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Tim - would you have a photo Of Paul Werdmuller of the London Rifle Brigade in the British Jewry Roll of Honour ?

Regards Peter

:D

Sorry no mention of Paul.

Cheers

Tim.

Could I ask you to check for the surname BEHAR? There may be an Albert Moise Behar mentioned, but possibly others.

Thanks.

Hi, :)

Sorry no mention of that name.

Cheers

Tim.

Tim,

Please could I have a look up for Private E Hayward, Middlesex Regiment.

Many thanks, Mark.

Hi Mark, :)

Here is your man.

Cheers

Tim.

post-4549-1158075873.jpg

charles douglas stone died in hargicourt in 1917 was a great uncle of my partner --- we dont have any more info than this ---is it possible to look up if you can find anything on him ?????

Sorry, I cannot find anything.

Cheers

Tim.

Hi Lesley,

Could you look up a Lance Corporal Arthur Thomas Jackson, 8th Battalion Bedfordhire Regiment.

Also James Jackson, Royal Inniskilling Fusilliers.

Thanks

LesleyR

Hi Lesley, :)

No Joy with either of your men.

Cheers

Tim.

Is there a Private Jack Glick 556608 Labour Corps ?

Thank you.

No mention of Jack Glick, only an I. Glick !

Cheers

Tim.

Tim,

Herbert D.Soman - Lt 1.7.17 - served with 3/5th London (LRB) and 38th and 40th RF.

J J E Phillips - 2Lt - 5th London (LRB) - this is all I have.

Another is.. Rifleman no. 225 H.Beyfus 5th London - KIA

Many Thanks

Peter

Can only find H.Beyfus, so here he is.

Cheers

Tim.

post-4549-1158076770.jpg

Hi

I am new to all this. I have been tracing my family tree and found thant my great grandpa was in ww1 in the Manchester Regiment 11th Battalian, service number 79267. He died on the 15th Dec 1918 and is buried at Etaples. I have no idea how he died though I suspect it was from disease as opposed to fighting. I have no photographic record of him at all but as a long shot would appreciate any help in finding an image. His name was Private George Frederick Percival.

Many Thanks

Georgina

Hi Georgina, :)

Sorry, but no mention of him.

Cheers

Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if I could also add to the list of look ups

G-86255 Pte Alfred Ernest LEVI of the Middlesex Regiment

enlisted 11-12-15 discharged wounds 28-3-19

Thanks Tony

• 3 months later...

Can anone who has the CD please look up the following chap, if there is a picture of him I would be most grateful to see:

18004 Pte Leslie Cohen (Served as Alias: Cowan) 14th Bn Liverpool Regiment KIA/Died 21 March 1916 Aged 21

Thanks Bob

• 1 month later...