Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Jewry Book of Honour 1914-1918

Guest lesley

Brian and I have just acquired a copy on CD ROM. If any one would like a look up or a copy of a photo ( there are hundreds) let us know the name.

regards

Lesley

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there Lesley and Brian,

Pse cld you look up Joseph Max WYLER for me. He was in 1/15th Londons and died in the Retreat, March 1918. I read somewhere there might be a photo of him in BJRH, in which case I'd love to have a copy. Thanks.

Jill

Jill.

So you know what he looks like, here he is....

Dave. (I think the photo from the BJBOH CD might be a little clearer)

post-14-1070925468.jpg

Gosh, this is marvellous. Do you think it's safe to post it on a virtual memorial? What does your CD's small print say about copyright?

Jill (PS email version still not arrived yet. Am I supposed to collect it from somewhere?)

Do you think it's safe to post it on a virtual memorial? What does your CD's small print say about copyright?

Jill,

I think it's perfectly safe to post it on a virtual memorial. As for what it says about copyright on the CD, well I haven't got a clue - I don't have the CD!!!!

Dave. :)

Sorry Dave, didn't realise it was you I was speaking to! I thought in my haste that Lesley had loaded up this pic for me. Now I see it was you and that you must have the hard copy version. Very kind of you to do it. It is good to look on this chap's face - I have pursued him for a long time.

Jill

• 3 weeks later...

Lesley.

Can you please tell me if there is mention in the BJBOH of a David Stynes 4th Royal Fusiliers,discharged to wounds in 1916.

Many thanks.

Stu.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lesley,

If the offer is still open could you look up the surname WOLFSON.

A friend of mine is just starting their family tree and this is the family name.

Thanks

PAUL JOHNSON

• 2 months later...

Lesley

Any mention of the following, all 8th KRRC:-

CREITZMAN, Morris, R/37373, Rfn, DOW, F&F, 06/06/1918, Son of Marks and Leah Creitzman, of 26, Fellbrigg St., Cambridge Rd., Mile End Rd., London.

HERTZBERG, Nathan, A/1498, Rfn, DOW, F&F, 03/05/1917

LEVENE, Solomon, 6/1163, Rfn, DOW, F&F, 28/11/1915, Son of Eva and the late Emanuel Levene, of 1 Block, 44 Perry's Court, Booth St., Spitalfields, London.

RABBINOVITZ, Barnett, R/29413, Rfn, DOW, F&F, 03/05/1917, Son of J. and R. Rabbinovitz, of Philadelphia, U.S.A.

thanks in advance

Regards

Mike S

Hi Lesley,

Pity there were no results but Thank You for taking the trouble to look.

Regards

PAUL JOHNSON :ph34r:

Lesley,

Could you please look up James McDaid's D.V. Vinitzker, Royal Scots. It's just a hunch but he could be there.

Thankyou,

Roger.

Can you help with

Wilfred High Montefriore Micholls

20th Hrs and KOYLI

Is he mentioned (I think I checked and he isn't - but I was rushing at the time)?

Lesley

Could you please look for this man

DAVID WIENBURG Private 37824

1st Bn Border Regiment

Killed in Action 11/04/1918

Regards Doug

• 2 weeks later...

lesley

Thank you for your kind offer could you have a look for 72101 Sgt Jack Stewart Read 9th Cheshires (formerly Devon Regiment) Killed 29/4/1918

best regards

Guest stevenbec

Mate,

Do you know if Austrailia made one of the same type of books as I remember seeing a photo of one of my camel Corps men in it some time ago.

Or does this book contain Commonweath soldiers?

The Bloke I am after is. Frank Sidney Levy 114 served in the 28Bn AIF at Gallpoli and the 1st Anzac Bn Camel Corps until killed at the battle of 2nd Gaza 19th April 1917.

S.B