Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WWI Movies

dosborne

J'Accuse exists in a silent version, filmed during or immediately after WW1, and a verison with sound.

I haven't seen either version, so can not say anything concerning if the actors are the same etc.

Les Croix de Bois dir. Raymond Bernard 1932 V. powerful film. On DVD.

Tell England dir. Anthony Asquith 1931 on the Gallipolli fiasco (This is almost impossible to find on video or DVD)

Johnny got his gun. Strange parable of WW1 wounded soldier with Donald Sutherland.

Hi PBI

I watched Joyeux Noel last night and I enjoyed it, there wasn't much for battle scenes but I think it's definately worth a watch even if you just rent it

Rich

No battle scenes, but then it is about a truce ;)

I thought the film quite well done with some good atmosphere but the actual plot is a bit far-fetched -- doubt if an opera singer could have got anywhere near the lines, even with a pass signed by the Crown Prince. The idea of a French soldier hopping into occupied territory to check on a civilian living there was also ott.

cheers Martin B

Further to my earlier post about 'Flyboys' the new film about the Americans that joined Lafayette Escadrille.......well its rubbish, very much like 'Pearl Harbour' A few good action scenes, but ruined by the love interest aspect.

IMHO of course.

Great WWI movies...."Paths of Glory" with Kirk Douglas.

DrB

:)

'Flyboys' just came out in the states, see the imdb link for more:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454824/

Plot Outline: The adventures of the Lafayette Escadrille, young Americans who volunteered for the French military before the U.S. entered World War I, and became the country's first fighter pilots.

Has this movie been released in UK yet ?,if so when was it or has it been released on DVD .

Dan