Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Searching for more Info on Great-Grandfather

Vikki

The Richard Comery I'm interseted in was born in 1880 (Basford).

Many thanks,

Lyndon.

Hello again, my apologies I haven't been on the site for quite some time. . .Thank you Susan for the e-mail (i have replied)

Spabbit. . . I will ask my mum for any Information she has about Richard. . . i know for certain we have no Photographs :(

Many thanks

Vikki

Hello again, my apologies I haven't been on the site for quite some time. . .Thank you Susan for the e-mail (i have replied)

Spabbit. . . I will ask my mum for any Information she has about Richard. . . i know for certain we have no Photographs :(

Many thanks

Vikki

Many Thanks,

Lyndon.icon1.gif

Hi again, Just spoke to my Mum who informs me that my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Cupitt was actually engaged to Richard Comery and used to visit his home and that is where the story takes a twist :o Elizabeth had an affair with William Comery and fell pregnant and gave birth to Joseph (my Grandad) who attended Basford school under the name of Bill Comery as he was living at the time with William and Edith ( Sorry i didn't realise he had married) he was re-turned to live with Elizabeth when William was called to war and undertook the name of Joseph Cupitt (his birth name)

Joseph was 11 years old when William was KIA

My Mum says that Grandad Joe did speak of his Uncle Dick ( Richard) but we know nothing else about Richard unfortunetly

Other information that has come to light is the fact that William worked at Shipstones brewery in Basford so perhaps Richard did too

All the information has been gratefully received although the info passed to me from my Mum was at first mixed up. . hopefully we are now getting things sorted with the info you lovely people have passed on.

Thankyou again

Vikki and my Mum Marian ( Josephs daughter)