Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Monmouthshire Regiment

docchippy

Evening folks

Hve just ID a relative DOW in 19th RWF at Cambrai (Bourlon Wood). Pte H Chidley (54910) He was transferred from Monmouthshire Regiment (No.4545) There appear to have been a number of transfers of Momouthshire men with service number 4**** in early 1917. Any Monmouthshire expect out there to ID which batt or any further info?

Thanks

Doc :)

Hi Doc,

I have a list of all the men who where transferred from the 3rd Monmouthshire's. I don't have the info to hand at the moment but I will have a look and get back to you later this evening.

Good Luck with your research

Martyn

Doc

I have had a look through my database but I don't have a Chidley mentioned. So I don't think he came from the 3rd Mons. It is more probable that he came across from the 1st Mons.

Unfortunately I don't have any records for the 1st Battalion.

Regards

Martyn

Doc at this moment in time I think it is going to require a trip to the NA to view Medal Rolls.

Martyn

• 7 months later...

Hi I have just come across a medal for 4299 Pte WJ Edwards Monmouth Regt.

I would very much like to reunite it with it's now rightful owner. Any help would be welcome. I don't particularly wish to go to the expense of sending away for his service records.

Hi Taffnp

I don't have him listed with the 3rd Mons.......sorry but good luck with your quest

Regards

Martyn

• 7 months later...