Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

South Lancashire Regiment

Guest dragonsfire

Guest dragonsfire

Hi - I've scanned some of my grandads pictures and here is one showing the South Lancs Regiment; St Helens 1914. I've got a few more which I would be willing to post, however, is there a gallery on the forum where I could put them. Some are really interesting, most are dated and some I have no idea who they are or when they were taken.

Hi - I've scanned some of my grandads pictures and here is one showing the South Lancs Regiment; St Helens 1914. I've got a few more which I would be willing to post, however, is there a gallery on the forum where I could put them. Some are really interesting, most are dated and some I have no idea who they are or when they were taken.

No photo ( I still have trouble putting photos on!) I don't do technology - new or otherwise.

stevem

Forgot to say - welcome.

s

Guest dragonsfire

Oops

I've had to compress the file for the site.......

Hope you can open it, otherwise it's back to the drawing board for me

I did it!

post-16309-1162497624.jpg

Hi there,

I've recently been researching into the story of one who enlisted at St. Helens with the 5th South Lancs at that time. Would it be ok for me to copy this picture from you?

Trebrys.

angela,liverpool annie whos a member on this site,has her own website on the south lancs regt,her grandfather also fought with them,bernard

Guest dragonsfire

Sorry about the delay, problem with BT affecting my ISP! Anyway all sorted out.

Stephen / John - Battalion is 2/5th - I have actually got a pass of grandad's when he was in France, this is where the info came from.

Trebys - yes you can have a copy of the photo, I don't mind.

Bernard - Thanks, I'll contact Liverpool Annie and see if she has come across any info regarding my grandad.

There is one photo which has all the names on it - a batallion boxing group which apparently was taken in France. I'll pop the photo on the site tomorrow, with a list of the names as they appear on the back. Should be interesting to others as well as myself.

Many thanks

Angela

Look forward to seeing the other photo tomorrow.

Mandy

Thanks for the permission to have a copy of the picture. I'm actually after the 2/5th Batt too!

I've just left a question about this group in the Units section of the Forum.

Trebrys.

where is the liverpool annie south lancs website?

cheers

Dave

I am so sorry I am so tardy replying to this thread .............. I have had visitors from England for the last few months and I have so much catching up to do !! :rolleyes:

First of all ....... mine is an Honour Roll for the First Battalion of the Prince of Wales Volunteers dealing mostly at the moment with the Boer War .......... my goal this winter is to really expand ....... I have all sorts of stuff to be included photographs etc ....... but just not on there yet ...... it's most certainly a "work in progress" but this is the address if you are interested !!

http://liverpoolannie.blogspot.com/

I'd be thrilled to include any photo's - that you may be glad to share ........ as I said I will be expanding to more battalions .... one at a time !!

Have a great day !

Annie :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I was very interested in the photograph you posted, showing the South Lancs Regt, I also have some photographs, i would be interested to see all your others

nick

• 7 months later...

Hi I was very interested in the photograph you posted, showing the South Lancs Regt, I also have some photographs, i would be interested to see all your others

nick

Hi Nick

do you say you have pictures of the South Lancashire Regiment ?

regards Ian