Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Your Nephew Alfie!

Rob Bulloch

Can any one tell me anything about these two young lads, all I can tell you about them is on the back of the post card it say's TO AUNT NORA FROM YOUR NEPHEW ALFIE them he add's I'M ON THE RIGHT. Then there is an address Catford London SE anything on them would be great.

Regards Rob.

Charles.

As far as I can make out the tally's read, IMPREGNABLE The way there caps are askew I cant see any HMS on them

Cheers Rob.

Charles. Thanks for the informative site.

Cheers Rob.

She provided training, usually for Boys Second Class - boys up to 16 years when they went to sea or other training establishments.

Have you tried the online service records to see if you can find him?

She provided training, usually for Boys Second Class - boys up to 16 years when they went to sea or other training establishments.

Have you tried the online service records to see if you can find him?

I really don't have a great deal of information to go on. Just his first name and his Aunts name and address.

but it is a great photograph, I can't help but wonder what happened to them both.

Cheers Rob.

On the off chance, try serching the naval records for Alfred and the Aunt's surname, you may be lucky!

Unfortunately the one on the left is going to be MUCH harder!

I tried the records using the Aunts name "Rangecroft" nothing came of the search, it was a long shot! but very well worth a try.

Cheers Rob

According to FreeBMD there was a Norah Rangecroft born in Camberwell? in 1894. Try looking at the 1891 and 1901 censuses for Rangecroft, then trace her siblings & their marriages & offspring. Good luck!

And there was an Edward Alfred Rangecroft born in Camberwell in 1904.

When do you think the photo was taken, and is Catford in Camberwell?

This man might be able to help

http://www.movethat.com/London/My/Bermondsey/?p=1

Bermondsey Bermondsey Boy

Charles Rangecroft was a cousin of my grandfather - ie his father and my great-grandfather were brothers. I've a fair bit on the family history and would like to get in touch.

Post reply -->London Bermondsey

Robert Rangecroft 18 Jan

Christine.

Thanks for the input, I have left a message for Robert Rangecroft, perhaps he can shed some light on Alfie!! I am only guessing the date to be around 1916 as to Catford all I know is the address is SE London

Thanks again Rob.

Catford, Bermondsey, and Camberwell are all in South East London, and are not that far apart from each other. I grew up in the Catford area, and know SE London Quite well.

If you have the full address lets us know, and I will see if the aunts house is still there.

Regards

Peter

Thanks Peter.

The address on the card is 51 Ringsted Road. Catford. London. SE.

Cheers Rob.

Thanks Peter.

The address on the card is 51 Ringsted Road. Catford. London. SE.

Cheers Rob.

I think it is Ringstead road, the road is still there.

regards

Phil

Phil.

Thanks, That is the way it writen on the postcard. too cose to be anything else, it must be Ringstead Road. just out of interest is # 51 still there.

Cheers Rob