Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The aerodrome website and forum

AOK4

Hello,

I can't acces the Aerodrome website and forum for a few days now. Any of you can access it?

Regards,

Jan

Jan, it doesn't work for me either. But I know the webmaster was hinting about making changes - to improve on the appalling search engine he is lumbered with.

There are aero nuts, all over the world, going 'cold turkey' and having withdrawl symptoms. :D

I was already afraid my withdrawal symptoms had to do with my drinking too much in the weekend, now I know better, it's the unability to access the aerodrome forum! :ph34r:

Hats off to Scott, the webmaster at www.theaerodrome.com, cos it's back up and running - and it's much quicker, too.

The best news though, is that the search engine is working. Hooray!!!!!!!!!

If you intend to search the old (archived) threads, make sure you use the 'search' key at the top of the page - and remember to put huge numbers in the "days since last post" and another big number in "number of posts displayed" if you want to see all the relevant posts going back to 1998.

I just put 'SPAD' in the engine, and put '5000' in the two boxes, mentioned above, and got around 3000 hits - which only took about two minutes to upload (I'm on broadband, so I don't know if that makes a difference) - all on one very longggggg page, though.

:D

Guest Speckled Jim

I always had trouble with the display correcting itself from wide to narrow angles, especially when displaying particularly long threads. If that is not corrected, the speed at which this occurs will improve the waiting time anyway.

-S