The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Two men - one entry CWGC

rollofhonour

Has anybody else found any entries like this on the CWGC?

http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_detail...?casualty=39472

I was looking for details of Nathan Robert GOOCH for the Cowlinge War Memorial and found another man wrapped in with his details:

Private 17167, 11th Battalion, Suffolk Regiment. Killed in action 1st July 1916. Aged 21. Born Cowlinge, enlisted Newmarket. Son of Ernest Joseph and Matilda May Gooch, of Deynes House, Cowlinge, Newmarket.

That is correct as far as I know but then wrapped in is

I. B. 82. GOOLD, Pte. G., 5217. 8th Bn. East Surrey Regt. 15th Jan., 1916. Age 22. Son of Thomas and Jane Goold, of Hall Rd., Winfarthing, Diss, Norfolk. Then the grave reference I. A. 29. followed by the cemetery NORFOLK CEMETERY, BECORDEL-BECOURT.

As far as I can see the I. B. 82 is the grave reference for Nathan and the next section is for G GOOLD and should be completely separate. Is this where the missing entries have gone on the CWGC?

Martin

Nope - not seen this before. I guess it must be down to a scanning error - you probably shoudl drop CWGC an email pointing it out (unless Terry Denham appears here soon and can get it sorted with them)

John

John,

I have sent the details to the CWGC... :D

Martin

Just realised that it is you!

I would like to congratulate you on your site and thank you in public for putting the details of my village memorial on your site a few days ago.

Well done.

My pleasure... just got to clear the back log of 500 or so... :D

... just got to clear the back log of 500 or so...

I have some list to send you, also 4 or 5 memorials that are not in your current index.....when my backlog is clearer...

Thanks Terry. Better go back and amend the page :D