Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

price indication british trio with msm

canada.ieper

Difficult to put a price on exactly as many factors come into play,however an average price for an ASC MSM & BWM/Victory Pair,would be somewhere in the region of £200~£320;GBP,unless of course the MSM is one of those awarded for Gallantry in the Performance of Military Duty,or is for The Black Sea or North Russia,etc;

{& of course wether you are buying ,selling or just want an insurance valuation}

Id have thought the lower end of HBs price - but so many factors change the price

If the preamble to the Gazette actually states "Gallantry" then yes,most WW1 era awards were immediate,but for non battle devotion to duty,valuable or meritorious service behind the lines,@ the Front, or @ home;ie recruiting,if you post his name & details I have Sainsbury's book of Gallantry awards of the MSM{& McInnes Register} & can confirm if it is indeed a "Gallantry in the Performance of Military Duty" award,or one of the more usual valuable service awards.

A Pure Gallantry MSM would have a value of @ least the valuation I have given x 2,much more if a Citation is available.

WO2 T.A.Cairns was not awarded the MSM "For Gallantry In The Performance Of Military Duty" ;or "Devotion to Duty" the only "Cairns" to be so honoured was an Australian Engineer.

A search of Ian McInnes' MSM register gives a likely candidate as Sjt T.A.Cairns LG 12th March 1917:~"for valuable service in the Field with the Armies during the present war.."

According to the LG & MiCs he is both RSF & ASC!!

Originally Royal Scots Fusiliers,Private;# 7070,his MSM was awarded in the London Gazette of 9th March{dated 12th March}1917;Page 2487;to S4~185919;Serjeant T.A.Cairns{Thomas}Army Service Corps

Number change & transfer to ASC is confirmed on his Campaign Medal Index Cards.

MSM Index Card gives rank as "Serjeant"

could you please send me that to my email, whatever you found??

what price are we talking about know, because i want to buy these medals , what price should i give for them??

email: canada2@pandora.be

greetz, gregory

the price really is what YOU think they are worth

Have you been given a price or invited to offer ?

Last MSM single I saw to the Coldstream Guards was a 2 years ago or so for £275

Id say that you want a price from them first

Now we know its a line regiment and not corps HB top estimate, but its really up to you and what they are worth to you

Id pay top price for a MID group (for example) to a CG simply because I havent got one