Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Military Medical Staff

Guest Robersabel

Guest Robersabel

I am interested in contacting former medical staff of the facility described below.

http://www.303rdbg.com/pow-camps.html#l9ca

Purpose is to determine current location of medical records. Widow of an American copilot asks for any medical records showing her husband was treated there. He was en route to Stalag Luft III. Records show he was shot down in France 7 June 1944, and arrived prison camp 10 July 1944.

Appreciate any assistance.

Robert E. Johnson

Surprise, Arizona

I am interested in contacting former medical staff of the facility described below.

http://www.303rdbg.com/pow-camps.html#l9ca

Purpose is to determine current location of medical records. Widow of an American copilot asks for any medical records showing her husband was treated there. He was en route to Stalag Luft III. Records show he was shot down in France 7 June 1944, and arrived prison camp 10 July 1944.

Robert

As this is way off topic [this being a WW1 list] your topic might get moved/removed. However, there is a file at The National Archives WO216/827 titled:

Citation for British Medical personnel at Obermassfeld Hospital for services to US prisoners at Stalag Luft III

You would need to request a copy from TNA or ask a researcher to have a look at what it contains. I reckon the chances of it leading to medical records of any individual about nil, but you never know...

The National Archives

Sue

Guest Robersabel

Thank you for pointing out my mistake. "The Great War" no doubt was World War I. But it seems my error may turned out fruitfull by your referral.

Robert

Robert

As this is way off topic [this being a WW1 list] your topic might get moved/removed. However, there is a file at The National Archives WO216/827 titled:

Citation for British Medical personnel at Obermassfeld Hospital for services to US prisoners at Stalag Luft III

You would need to request a copy from TNA or ask a researcher to have a look at what it contains. I reckon the chances of it leading to medical records of any individual about nil, but you never know...

The National Archives

Sue