Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lieutenant Reginald Hugh Lawson, M.C.

stiletto_33853

I wonder if anyone can help re this gentleman and my research. Does anyone have a photgraph of this officer, he appears in De Ruvigny's but no photograph. He won the MC for Hooge in July 1915 and was mentioned in despatches for the same action.

He was killed on the Somme whilst leading a wiring party and I would dearly like to obtain a photograph of him.

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

Andy

There looks to be a photo out there somewhere for him, as there is a reference to a photo for a Lieutenant, R. H. Lawson Rifle Brigade, on the Murphy's Register online.

http://www.harpers-online.com/murphys/detail.asp?id=26154

They charge £36.52 (inc VAT) for a copy of the photo, or £12.18 (inc VAT) for telling you where the source of the photo is at!!!!....Ask Peter Leonard on the forum, he has the Murphy's Register on CD-Rom, Peter should be able to give you details as to where the photo of Lieutenant, R. H. Lawson is at, probably in some book, which one of us on the forum will probably have. The link below takes you to Peters thread about the Murphy's Register....Good luck.

John.

John,

Many thanks indeed. I will ask Peter to see if it is on Murphy's Register. Once again many thanks for this.

Andy