Remembered Today:

Request for help with WWI Film

Guest RedDragon

If this is the wrong forum to post to I apologise but it seemed like the most appropriate to me.

I am a student at the London Film School currently preproducing a 10-minute black & white film shot on 35mm film due to go into production somewhere around February 2007 which I will direct. The film is in the scripting and pre-production stage and I currently require some historical consultants to help myself and other members of the crew with aspects of the script/production design/costuming/etc. The film is set on the western front during the second half of the First World War, focuses on the interaction between an officer and an NCO and their attitudes to mortality.

I know from reading the topics on these forums that historical accuracy within films is a sore point for many so you'll be glad to know that I am not restricted by a studio funding the film insisting I need a love interest or token American soldier. I am however, limited by the budget so I'm afraid anyone who offers their help will not receive any pay but will have their name on the credits and will get a copy of the film once it is complete.

At a later date I will also be requesting assistance from reenactors or just interested parties who are just willing to help out when I know more solid shooting dates. If you're willing to help in any small way please let me know here or by emailing WWIFilm@RedDragonFilms.com.

Thanks.

Looks very interesting and I wish you good luck with it. Although other then my good will I do not think I would be of much help. However if help is what you are after you have come to the right place, I am sure somebody here can provide assistence.

Jon

Good luck with the project. I am sure that you will find all the help you need on the forum.