Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Jewry Book of Honour, 1914 - 1919

Coldstreamer

Hello

Bit of a long shot, but could some see if a L/Sgt Reuben Brooker of the Coldstream Guards is mentioned

Thanks is advance

Thanks Dave

Hello

Bit of a long shot, but could some see if a L/Sgt Reuben Brooker of the Coldstream Guards is mentioned

Thanks is advance

hi couldnt see him

Ian,

Not in the alphabetical listings at all, sorry.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Is the Jewish Roll of Honour on CD-ROM, and if so, could you tell me if the photographs are also included please? I'm going to have a look tomorrow, because I'm down that way. I wonder if the [sur]name had been Anglicised--there's a lad in Leeds [VC] whose name is both White and Weiss, and I know of other instances.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes the Jewish Roll of Honour is on CD-Rom and the photographs are also included.

Andy

Sorry Coldstreamer,

I thought three heads would be better than one, and third time lucky, and so on, but there is no mention at all of Reuben Brooker. I also tried a couple of volumes of the Jewish Chronicle, as this also has listings of Jewish Soldiers serving; unfortunately, the volumes end at Dec. 1915 and begin again in 1939. You might want to try the Jewish Gazette or Jewish Chronicle on the off-chance someone may have some info. Don't hold your breath, though, I'm still waiting for the Jewish Telegraph to publish my appeal from some weeks ago.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Thanks all for checking all

I was guessing his religious denomination due to his name..worth a shot