Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RFA Rank

mmm45

post-9371-1156715773.jpgHi

Im researching Pte Wilfred Naylor who was KIA 1916 on the Somme.I know nothing except he was from Leeds.

Ive come across a couple of questions during the research that hopefully one of the Pals can give me guidance

CWGC Gives Wilfred Naylor as 73125 Gunner with the correct NOK details at Stourton Leeds

However i cannot find an RFA Wilfred Naylor MIC to that number all i can find is 81041 Shoe Smith /ACpl Wilfred Naylor dates seem to be pretty much -ok have attached MIC.

Is this a CWGC or more likely a MIC Clerical typo??

Could somneone double check with SDGW

Do you reckon he got his 15 Star hopefully the Adj was a good egg!!

Any help much appreciated

Ady :blink:

Ady

Soldiers died gives the same information that you have posted. However, there may be a mistake with the online MIC's.

Take a look at the MIC for Gunner William Naylor RFA. His number is given as 73/25. Note the forward slash instead of a figure 1. It might be worth checking his card in case they have misspelt his first name off the original as well. It might also be that the original has his first name wrong too. A check of the actual medal roll would be needed to sort this out, as it may well be annotated "killed in action" with the date, which would solve the problem, or not, as the case may be.

Terry Reeves

Terry

Spot On Thank you!! 73/25

Just downloaded the MIC It has him as William but the correct KIA Date that Wilfred Has . Also he qualified 1914 Star and Clasp Now to decypher the Brigade which is annotated.

Deployed France 19-8-14.

Again thanks :D

Ady

post-9371-1156769778.jpg

This does look like a MIC Clerical error

He was 73125 and definately Wilfred having just spoke to a member of his family.

Can anyone make out which RFA Bde?

Thanks

Ady

post-9371-1156769778.jpg

This does look like a MIC Clerical error

He was 73125 and definately Wilfred having just spoke to a member of his family.

Can anyone make out which RFA Bde?

Thanks

Ady

32rd Bde?

Bruce

32rd Bde?

Bruce

Damn!

My typong is imprivig!

I meant 23rd

Bruce

23rd Brigade?

So that would make him a member of 107,108 or 109 Battery? which would have fought the first engagements with the BEF?

Does anyone have any nominals of these Batteries would membership of these give that he was a pre war regular? not a territorial?

Ady :)