Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Do you know these men?

andnella

I have recently aquired some family photographs but there are two gentlmen that I do not recognise. Is there anyone out there who recognises these individuals or their units?

Their surnames were possibly Margrett, Tye or Hickson.

Andrew

2.jpg

image1.jpg

firstly did they die or survive? had they died then someone may recognise cap badges and throw that plus names (suggested) into a search on sdgw or cwg site.

if they survived it may be harder but take them to the regimental museum and see if they have records of names .

not being funny, but you are tying it down to 4 or 5 years. so should be relatively easy!!

maybe a family tree , obviously eliminating female members and known relatives would be the next approach,

So thats where Paris Hilton got the idea of carrying a little dog around...

This man:

post-6536-1156594648.jpg

looks like an officer in the Bedfordshire Regiment.

Not an expert on uniforms, but I think the the "T"s on his lapels mean he was in the Territorial Force narrowing it down to the 5th Battalion.

Steve.

The final picture of the officer looks just like an officer in the Leinsters, Horace Grant Hickson who is one of the men I am currently researching, I know he was previoulsy in the London Regt but cannot find a link to the Beds. The image I have is at a high res limit for publication but will happily fwd to you if you think there's any chance it may be your man? Can I ask what the interest is?

Cheers

Steve

I havene't really convinced myself that it is the Bedfordshires, yet!

There doesn't seem quite enough background to the cross on the badge. Looking at the various London Regiment badges, it does seem like the cross on those as well...

Steve.

So thats where Paris Hilton got the idea of carrying a little dog around...

Now theres an idea. Perhaps it IS Paris Hilton.

The final picture of the officer looks just like an officer in the Leinsters, Horace Grant Hickson who is one of the men I am currently researching, I know he was previoulsy in the London Regt but cannot find a link to the Beds. The image I have is at a high res limit for publication but will happily fwd to you if you think there's any chance it may be your man? Can I ask what the interest is?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, if you could, that would be great. The interest is that my sister who has a huge family tree that she has put online, was given by a relative, a load of photos including these two. Unfortunately, nobody knows who they are.

andrew