Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC

Hywyn

I've just been having a look at some cemeteries on CWGC and find that all the tabs after tab A-C return the message

'There are No records in the database. In this category there are No records"

(This usualy will give numbers and in the case of none then the 'number' 0)

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Hywyn

Hywyn, The tabs are to bring up alphabetical listings of graves cared for by the CWGC in that cemetery. Some cemeteries are so small that they may only have a couple of CWGC graves in them. So the tabs are superflous unless a grave falls within the letter shown and under those circumstances the message as you have shown will be brought up. Does that answer your query or have I misunderstood it?

Jim

Thanks.

Yes you had misunderstood the question. There was no info after the first tab on such places as Menin Gate.

Anyway it's now working OK

These sort of things happen every now and then I suppose.

Hywyn

Hywyn,

I had the same problem, I think 2 days ago.

Then I left the CWGC website and immediately went back in, and the problem was solved.

Aurel

Aurel

Thanks for that. I was thinking about reporting it in some way but I then thought I'd post here to see if others were having/had had similar problems.

All seems fine now. If it happens again I'll try what you and Owen suggest.

Hywyn

If you leave the record selection (eg those buried in a particular cemetery) on-screen for a while without using it, you have to start again. The system 'forgets' you after a while.

Terry

Yes I see what you mean. The problem I encountered was instant acces from selecting the cemetery to going through the tabs.

Tempremental things these computers. Minds of their own <laugh>

I think that is a related issue. Perhaps you had stayed on one tab too long. I seem to remember that causes the issue you describe.