Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

don't miss it !

n cherry

TV programme on Channel 5 1915 Wednesday 16th August - first in a series of five called 'The Trench Diggers'. This programme is looking at Loos and presumably other ones will look at some of the oher battles of the Great War. The blurp in the paper alludes to a group who dig up old trenches and in this weeks effort apprently they find a Tommy and a German soldier.

The name for the programme on channel 5 tonight at 19:15-20:00 is the

"TRENCH DETECTIVES"

regards Tom

Hi,

In the true nature of self sacrifice, I am flagging this up for other Pal's to watch:

Trench detectives-Loos tonite Channel 5 7pm

I'll be missing it as I have to go to work, the wife is a bit of a muppet and will not record it, so I trust that the Pal's will tell me what I missed!

Soren

A thread on this subject in Chit Chat

Thanks Dave

Tom

I'll be recording onto dvd if you need a copy !!

regards Tom

I'll be recording onto dvd if you need a copy !!

regards Tom

Thanks Roxy/Tom

I would presume Tom is closer by your posting Roxy, They'll be a freebie print for you if you would like one (as a thank-you!)

many thanks

Soren

Soren,

A dvd from Tom is probably better than the knackered VHS that I would have sent! ;)

Roxy

It started early and my video didn't want to play!

Aaargh!

aaaaargh read this 15 mins before the end, too busy watching other unmentionable things on the news. Anyone know if it will be shown again?

An absolutely brilliant programme. Let's have many more!

Ian

I have seen part of this before- but can't remember when and where.

Otherwise, a good programme of the genre.

Martin

Yes a good programme, I wonder if this is the programme they wanted to make when they did the Finding the Fallen ones?

-ah! was this where the clips about finding the relatives of the German soldier originally came from? I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Ah, having just done a bit of searching around, I think this is the finding the fallen series, possibly re edited, as i seem toi remember some harsh comments about the use of presenters wearing reconstructed uniforms, which this seems not to have. Next week is Passendaele

Frankly, I liked the programme and am looking forward to the rest of the series.

It was not hampered by the time constraint, eg everything has to be done in 48 hrs, that so many other programmes seem to have. Probably just to inject a feeling of urgency.

Roll on next week

Martin

-ah! was this where the clips about finding the relatives of the German soldier originally came from? I knew I had seen it somewhere.

The whole prog was a just a recut of the "Finding the Fallen" episode minus Robertshaw poncing around in German uniform.

Hardly recut at all, but just broadcasting episodes in a different sequence. I expect you'll get to see Andy 'poncing' when they do the Bixschote episode (although to be honest, I don't recall ever seeing him running a string of prostitutes).

Next wednesday Channel 5 Trench Detectives at 19:15 Passchendaele

John

I expect you'll get to see Andy 'poncing' when they do the Bixschote episode (although to be honest, I don't recall ever seeing him running a string of prostitutes).

I was using the phrase in the "mince about in an effeminate manner" sense.