Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Reburial British soldiers

Aurel Sercu

Sorry, but I should have given this information a few days (weeks) ago. Especially for the Forumists who may intend to travel to the Salient, end of October, of who some maybe have already left.

Fortunately a posting in a different thread somewhere else on the Forum (by John W.) reminded me of it. So I hope this does not come too late.

There will be a reburial of 6 British soldiers our team (Diggers) found on the Boezinge site between April and August this year, at Cement House Cemetery (Langemark), road from Boezinge to Langemark.

None of them was identified. Of one the regiment is known (Somerset Light Infantry).

The reburial is Thursday 30 October, at 12 o'clock. On past occasions similar reburials were very short (10-15 minutes.)

Aurel

A few photos of the reburial.

Cement House Cemetery, Langemark, 30 Oct, 12.00

The ceremony was conducted by Rev. Ray Jones (St. George Memorial church, Ypres)

post-4-1067536455.jpg

British Defence Attaché Geoff Bullen has just laid a wreath.

Behind Rev. Ray Jones (left) three buglers of the Ypres Fire Brigade, about to sound the Last Post.

post-4-1067536725.jpg

Thank you Aurel.

Much appreciated.

Roy

And one more.

Six unknown soldiers (one coffin not visible on the photo).

One of them of the Somerset Light Infantry.

Fallen on the Boezinge Canal site battlefield, very probably on 6 - 9 July 1915.

Reunited at last, after almost 90 years, with their comrades.

post-4-1067537084.jpg

Thank you so much, Aurel!

Daniel

If only I had been in Belgium a day earlier! Well done Aurel you should be very proud.

Aurel,

The bugalars in your pictures i have shaken there hands and thanked them for what they do. I would like to thank you for the pictures and the infomation that you have given us on these soldiers, and the work that you and the diggers do.

Also, The Great War Forum, for allowing us to communicate this infomation between all our different countrys.

garyem1