Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Horse Carriage Identification

corcam

Dear All,

The following images are another two WW1 pictures I have and I believe they are ASC. I need to record exactly what the are - did they just call them horse and gun carriages?

Regards

Corcam

(One is a large image approx A4 so I have had to crop and reduce it)

post-12783-1154977173.jpg

The first picture is of a Waggon G.S. The other one could be Field Cookers or Two Water Tank Carts.

John

The first picture is of a Waggon G.S. The other one could be Field Cookers or Two Water Tank Carts.

John

The first is certainly a G.S. Wagon, however, it's difficult to tell what the second vehicle is.

It appears to hang low between the wheels, which might suggest a water Bowser, however, it could be that this apparent 'underhang' is merely the swingle tree, giving a false impression.

It looks to be some kind of limber, possibly, as stated for the travelling kitchen, but possibly it's the front half of a G.S. Limber wagon (effectively two limbers joined as an articulated unit).

Tm

Thank you very much for the information. My knowledge is rather limited and I wondered if you could let me know what G S stands for - it is probably totally obvious...but I just can't work it out.

Apologies

Corcam

Thank you very much for the information. My knowledge is rather limited and I wondered if you could let me know what G S stands for - it is probably totally obvious...but I just can't work it out.

Apologies

Corcam

GS = General Service