Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

August MGWAT

Roxy

Spike you free to do the poll if not let me know and i'll have another attemp.

Mandy

Thanks Spike.

Mandy

Owen, sometimes it takes a few weeks for people to register their votes.

If we waited for that we would only have a week or two to get the entries in. Usually someone volunteers. It seems that so far, noone has had two goes, so maybe a newbie to the topic might like to offer.

Cheers

Kim

OK - topic for September - Battalion transport.

Must include a horse, mule or donkey, or multiples thereof in the picture.

Tell me to go away if you want to.

Well done Squirrel.

If this is OK with everyone.

Can't wait to see people's entries on this.

(For obvious reason, see my avatar)

Don't forget to list it as a new Topic.

Cheers

Kim

I was going to do a poll at THE END OF THE MONTH - gie's a chance :ph34r:

However, as a computer Luddite, I was going to follow (to the letter) Spike's advice to Mandy. Spike your help is appreciated ;) .

Roxy

Can MGWAT topics be suggested?

Then I'd like to bring two for consideration (for other occasions, of course, as September has already a topic):

- The first one would be "Men of 18 in 1918". Wide choice here: all armies had them, either those who lied about their ages earlier in the war, or those who were called up in the last year: an optional -and ampler- title could be "Teenagers in 1918".

- The second one would be "Concripts": again, it leaves ample choice as, with the exception of Britain and Dominion forces, the rest of combatant countries had were conscript armies. The subject has a limiting factor as it excludes pre-1915 British recruits and Dominion forces for the whole of the war (I understand that Canada, Australia, etc... didn't introduce Conscription during the Great War, but I stand to be corrected)

Gloria

Can MGWAT topics be suggested?

Then I'd like to bring two for consideration (for other occasions, of course, as September has already a topic):

- The first one would be "Men of 18 in 1918". Wide choice here: all armies had them, either those who lied about their ages earlier in the war, or those who were called up in the last year: an optional -and ampler- title could be "Teenagers in 1918".

- The second one would be "Concripts": again, it leaves ample choice as, with the exception of Britain and Dominion forces, the rest of combatant countries had were conscript armies. The subject has a limiting factor as it excludes pre-1915 British recruits and Dominion forces for the whole of the war (I understand that Canada, Australia, etc... didn't introduce Conscription during the Great War, but I stand to be corrected)

Gloria

Seems that September title is already decided. You have to keep your ideas inside your head for another month... :)