Soldiers died/buried in Tipperary ww1/2

museumtom

No problem. Email me at

museumtom at hotmail.com

The book should be out before November.

Regards.

Tom.

• 1 month later...
Noonan, Private Michael, 1605, 2nd Bn. Royal Irish Regiment.? Thanks for the info if not![/size][/font]

Noonan_M.jpg

Do you still have copies, and can you still supply pictures of a particular cemetery and grave? If possible I would very much appreciate a copy of the following.

Waterford Protestant Cemetery and the grave of GS/4710 Private Christopher Nash 9th (Queen's Royal) Lancers

Nash_C.jpg

No problem. Email me at

museumtom at hotmail.com

The book should be out before November.

Regards.

Tom.

Hello, I just read about the books being made for WW I vets and I wanted to find out if my grandfather has been included. I looked for his grave about 5 years ago when I was over there. My search resulted in determining that he was buried at the Ballybricken RC Cem in Waterford. We searched vbut were not able to find it. I hope someone has! Thanks Howard... Edward Hugh McNally RFA Regt No 20857 died 3 July 1925.I have two other relatives by the name of Cuddihy and the one was KIA 9 Sept 1916 but I no not where his grave is located. The other Cuddihy I have no knowledge when or where he died and buried. Thanks Howard

Howard. The books are about men who died during ww1 not about men who survived.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Hello, I just read about the books being made for WW I vets and I wanted to find out if my grandfather has been included. I looked for his grave about 5 years ago when I was over there. My search resulted in determining that he was buried at the Ballybricken RC Cem in Waterford. We searched vbut were not able to find it. I hope someone has! Thanks Howard... Edward Hugh McNally RFA Regt No 20857 died 3 July 1925.I have two other relatives by the name of Cuddihy and the one was KIA 9 Sept 1916 but I no not where his grave is located. The other Cuddihy I have no knowledge when or where he died and buried. Thanks Howard

4388 Pte Patrick Cuddihy, RMF. He's on the Thiepval Memorial, Pier and Face 16C. So he has no known grave.

Edward Hugh McNally died after WW1 so he will have a civilian headstone (assuming he has a headstone). St Otteran's Cemetery, Waterford is the responsibility of Waterford City Council. Try e-mailing environservices@waterfordcity.ie with a query as to where he is buried.

Research the missing Cuddihy on Ancestry.

Incidentally I have photos of all burials in Co Carlow if anyone wants one. One or two are not great quality unfortunately and will require a revisit.

Ballinabrannagh Catholic Churchyard

Pte W Delaney, Connaught Rangers

Ballon Catholic Churchyard

Aircraftman William O'Brien, RAF

Ballyellin Cemetery

Gunner William Barron, RGA

Ballyknocken Church Of Ireland Churchyard

Pte N Kehoe, Irish Guards

Mullawn (St. Bridget's) Cemetery

Pte T Corcoran, Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Tinnahinch (St. Michael's) Cemetery

Pte Martin Geoghegan, Royal Irish Regt

Tullow (The Abbey) Cemetery

Pte W Byrne, Royal Irish Regt

Cpl J Cosgrove, Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Shoeing Smith Michael Reilly, South Irish Horse

Carlow Old Graveyard

Pte P Mulhall, Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Pte T Mulhall, Leinster Regt

Gunner John Mulhall, Royal Artillery

Carlow (St. Mary's) Cemetery

L/Cpl John Becker, Royal Irish Regt

Pte J Butler, Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Sgt Albert Fleet, Royal Engineers

Pte P Gaffney, Leinster Regt

Pte D Kelly, Royal Army Service Corps

Pte M Pigott, Army Service Corps

Sgt Charles Russell, Royal Artillery

Good man Paddy. I can see you are on a mission. The best of luck with it. Please let us know when you reach your goal. 2114 is coming soon and it would be fitting if all these brave Irishmen were remembered.

Regards.

Tom.

• 4 years later...
Guest fingal2014

Hi Listers,

My wife's grandfather Denis was brother to James Quanne...

QUANNE, James Tipperary Town, buried in St.Michael's (New) E. H. 1. Died at home, aged 43

17 August 1916 Sergeant,
No: 8012
Royal Irish Regiment, 3rd. Batt.
After a considerable search I was unable to identify the death of his wife Annie Quanne....
My question is it possible for someone to check the headstone to see if she was interred in later years with her husband James and if possible a photo of the headstone...
I do sincerely hope my request in not outside the bound of what would be a normal request...
In anticipation

• 9 months later...

Would it be possible to request a photo of Edward Haliburton Symes Shepherd in Waterford Protestant Cemetery (Lair 2053) please?

He had some sort of connection to Drymen in Stirlingshire which I still have to figure out.

Anne

• 7 years later...
On 04/08/2006 at 08:12, museumtom said:

I am just finished taking pictures of headstones of ww1/2 casualties in Tipperary for the British War Memorial Project. If anyone wants a pic of any particular headstone I am happy to oblige.

Regard.

Tom.

Hi Tom

I've only just joined and found your post. Do you have any pictures or information relating to William Kett British Army 3rd Garrison Btn. Royal Irish Fusiliers from Clashmore please? Looks like he was invalided out after possibly being wounded earlier in the conflict (WW1) and died 3rd May 1917.

Much obliged and thank you

Nick

• Admin

Welcome to the forum, @museumtom is still an active member of the forum, so my tag should alert him to your post.

Thanks very much Michelle. Robert and William Kett of Norfolk and the Kett Rebellion are my 12th Great Uncles and although I know the Kett family spread wide and far to the West Indies and the US I didn't know they had gone to Ireland and only discovered Williams's name on a war memorial in Dungarvon over the weekend. The further search continues :)

Best wishes.

Nick

Hello Nick.

I only photographed the Tipperary headstones, Kett was from Waterford and buried there.

image.png.de2f518435aa28024fec7468fc91966e.png

Died at King George V Hospital, while serving at the Royal Barracks, from influenza nephritis certified. Notes- A married man.

• Serial No: G/19510
  • Unit: 3rd Garrison Battalion
  • Born: Clashmore, County Waterford
  • Enlisted: Lismore, County Waterford
  • Next of Kin: Husband of K. Kett, of Clashmore.
  • Grave or Memorial: Left of the Church from the entrance
  • Notes: Number listed as 19510 (Soldiers Died In The Great War) G/19510 (Commonwealth War Graves Commission.). Formerly he was with the Royal Irish Regiment where his number was. 5759.

• Admin

The CWGC are in the process of adding photos to their site, might be a long wait though. 
I couldn’t see Clashmore listed here but might be worth you contacting them?
https://britishwargraves.co.uk/