Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

6TH GENERAL HOSPITAL ROUEN

petestarling

Can anyone help with a contemporary map of Rouen during WW1. I am trying to find the location of 6th General Hospital.

The war diary states that on 1st November 1914 they moved to a mile north east of the race course. I hope to visit shortly.

Pete Starling

Hi Pete

I have two.

One is an aerial map covering the whole area and the other is more of an out of town street map of the fields and race course. All the hospitals have been sited on both, including No 6.

One is two A4 pages put together and the other is bigger than A3 so I will see what I can do about copying them and and sending them to you.

Barbara

Barbara

I should have guessed you would have something.

Thanks.

Pete

• 5 years later...

Hi Pete

I have two.

One is an aerial map covering the whole area and the other is more of an out of town street map of the fields and race course. All the hospitals have been sited on both, including No 6.

One is two A4 pages put together and the other is bigger than A3 so I will see what I can do about copying them and and sending them to you.

Barbara

Hi Babara, I know this was a long time ago, but I would also really appreciate a copy of this map... is there any way you could send it to me too?

Regards,

Nik

Sure. It's too large to scan in one go though, which hospital are you interesting in?

If you can send me a PM with your email address then I will see what I can do.

Barbara

• 6 years later...
On 8/3/2006 at 09:54, BJanman said:

Hi Pete

I have two.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

I am hoping you are still monitoring this forum, I would love a copy of the map showing 6th Gen Hospital in Rouen. i am currently research a family of Australian soldiers - 3 brother two of which did not make it home, they died within a month of each other with the 48th Btn. One brother went through the 6th.with a GSW.  He subsequently died , at the Battle of Dernancourt, on 5 April 1918,this was the same day as my Grandfather received his MM serving in 95th Brigade, RFA in the same battle. 

Gillian

• 1 year later...

Hi

According to French records I have, No 6 General Hospital was sited at Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, rond point du Madrillet au champ de courses.  They were there from 3rd November 1914 to March 1920.

Regards

Barbara

It was on the racecourse I believe, which can be found on Google maps at 49.406718, 1.073695. Just copy and paste.

TR

Edited by Terry_Reeves

• 3 years later...
On 28/01/2018 at 23:27, Guest said:

Hi Barbara,

I am hoping you are still monitoring this forum, I would love a copy of the map showing 6th Gen Hospital in Rouen. i am currently research a family of Australian soldiers - 3 brother two of which did not make it home, they died within a month of each other with the 48th Btn. One brother went through the 6th.with a GSW.  He subsequently died , at the Battle of Dernancourt, on 5 April 1918,this was the same day as my Grandfather received his MM serving in 95th Brigade, RFA in the same battle. 

Gillian

Hi Gillian, I'm also researching a soldier from the 48th who was admitted to this hospital with a GSW, can I ask what date yours were?  My soldier suffered the GSW in October 1917, I was curious whether yours were injured in the same action?