Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Big Bargains in Bookworld

barrieduncan

Hey folks,

Was in our fair nations capital for the weekend, soaking up the sights (and the beer), and I spotted a couple of bargains in Bookworld, thought some of you may be interested. Firstly, I picked up a book called 'Fields of Glory' by Gavin Mortimer, retailed at £16.99 got it for £1.99! Its about 'The extraordinary lives of 16 warrior sportsmen'. Read the first chapter on the train home and it seems pretty good. I also picked up a rather large, A4 hardback entitled 'The 1917 Spring Offensives: Arras, Vimy, le Chemin des Dames, by Yves Buffetaut. I think its published in France. Anyway, picked that up for £4.99 and its worth it for the pictures alone - very well illustrated.

Not sure how great they will turn out once I've read them, but its nice picking up a WW1 title for that kind of money.

Barrie

Barrie

Which branch of Bookworld?

regards

Mike

Sorry Mike, I feel I may have confused things a bit, when I said our fair nations capital, I was meaning Edinburgh - it was the Princes Mall branch if thats of any use. I gather the prices would be somewhat similar in most of their shops - at least for the 1917 book as there wasn't an original retail price on that one.

Barrie

The "Spring Offensives" book is also available in Bookworld in Glasgow. I'm not sure about "Fields of Glory" as I think I bought the last copy.

David

Yves' book would have been published in France. He has his own publishing company - YSEC.

Sorry Mike, I feel I may have confused things a bit

Barrie

Not at all - I was assuming you meant Edinburgh.

Mike S

Good good, i just noticed you were in London and thought you must have thought i meant London :blink: